The Ultimate AMD Trinity Notebook List

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by davidricardo86, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    AMD can only do so much, but there IS a shift happening as we speak, because they managed a win with all major consoles, and at least from a monetary point of view, sales are pretty good for PS4 (and even XBone).

With the advent of Mantle and HSA foundation seemingly taking off, it could easily result in manufacturers using AMD more frequently than before.
    So, its possible we will see a lot more offerings with AMD chips inside.

Also... more news on Kaveri:
    AMD's Flagship A10 Kaveri APU will come Bundled with Battlefield 4 - 50% Faster than i5-4670k in 3D Mark Firestrike

Also this image specifically grabbed my attention:
    http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AMD+Desktop+Q1+2014+_VTB_Page_20.jpg

Look at the section where it says Redefining the PC experience (lower right portion):
    Its says;
    >8% uplift over i5 4670K on PCMark8
    - New 'Steamroller' cores and GCN graphics

This is interesting because I can see that OpenCL and (integrated) graphics performance compared to i5 4670K are in separate categories with their own percentages.
    Could this >8% uplift over i5 4670K on PCMark8 indicate CPU performance?

davidricardo86 likes this.
  2. cognus

cognus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. Link4

Link4 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, PC Mark8 is a combined test that does benefit from better multimedia features.

4. Link4

Link4 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    New ASUS laptop with 5750M and HD8670M.
    ASUS R510DP-FH11 15.6" Notebook Computer R510DP-FH11 B&H
    Although not as powerful as the N56DP in terms of graphics and doesn't look as good either the R510DP still has the 1080P matte display and aluminum body, but costs $100 less and weighs 0.8lb less, but the battery is weaker too. Whats interesting about this one is that 8650G + 8670M sounds like a great Dual Graphics combination, with both GPUs haveing the same number of SPs and even clocks are very close.

Edit: Also if you decide to update the first page, this Sony is still missing. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8673872&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CODyybKksbsCFQuUfgodpwQAJQ

5. davidricardo86

davidricardo86 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    According to Amazon the VAIO Fit has a backlit keyboard. Reminds me of a bigger version of my Acer v5-122p. Also it according to Sony's own PDF it states that it has Intel WiDi and NFC?! I think there may be some typos there. I'm not sure.

I'll update the list. And here's Dell's late entrant to the Trinity/Richland family, the 15.6" Dell Inspiron 15 with Richland A8-5545M for $478 from Walmart. :hi2:

I'm wondering what happened to this.

Why bring back Athlon and Sempron? Maybe the naming complexity or to simplify and differentiate the lines more clearly? Otherwise just Kabini refresh.
    AMD Bringing Athlon and Sempron back from the Dead - Quad Core 25W Kabini APUs for Desktops

Also
    AMD Working With Hynix For Development of High-Bandwidth 3D Stacked Memory

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-working-hynix-development-highbandwidth-3d-stacked-memory/#ixzz2nuRERaL6

Link4 likes this.
  6. Link4

Link4 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    From what I can tell it meant to go up against Intel's Bay Trail Pentiums and Celerons, while the E series will still be positioned against Atoms, so lets blame Intel once again for all this confusion. :rolleyes:

7. Link4

Link4 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys is there a thread for AMD's Beema and Mullins chips? Meanwhile I have spotted yet another very impressive prototype device from AMD.
    AMD prototype PC could be mistaken for an envelope | PCWorld
    This is the tiniest PC I have ever seen, and by a long shot. Powered by Mullins, this thing can run Windows, and even games.

amd-ces-2014-3-100224138-large.jpg

8. davidricardo86

davidricardo86 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A rather important and understated accomplishment by AMD here, I for one am excited to see this take off.
    VESA Adopts AMD

Nice find there Link4! And no, there isn't a Mullins and Beema thread, someone should make one or I'll make one in a little bit when I get a chance (I'm at work :eek: ). I was going to suggest using the Jaguar thread someone made a while back but Mullins and Beema use "Puma" CPU cores now.

Link4 likes this.
  9. Link4

Link4 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I really haven't seen the Jaguar threat at all, probably because it isn't very active and yea Puma needs a new thread, with it's improved power efficiency it should be much more popular, can't have it mixed in a thread where there are only cheap and underwhelming products by a few OEMs, hopefully OEMs get their act together starting with Mullins.
    Also tech sites are claiming that the size of the nano-PC isn't much larger than the Galaxy Note 3 (can't wait to get one soon) which is very impressive and the DockPort that goes along with it is even tinier :)
    DSC09702.jpg
    AMD's impossibly thin nano PC prototype sits on your TV, but don't call it a set-top box

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Not real impressed since it's the size of an Atom tablet that runs Windows just fine, just it's not a tablet.