The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. SvanX

SvanX Newbie

Reputations:
    My final settings if you see something wrong please help newbie members :eek:
    Updated pictures (06.10.2018)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. Che0063

Che0063 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Tested on Windows 1809/RS5/October Update and TS is working completely fine on build 17763.1. It appears

I finally solved the "Throttlestop is preventing this computer from shutting down" by doing a clean reinstall.

Vasudev and cktducky like this.
  3. SvanX

SvanX Newbie

Reputations:
    Don't worry on my i7-7820hk i have +250mv on System Agent. A big part of this extra power gonna be used during turbo mode for sure. WRONG (check post #9036)
    If you want to be sure it was this value by default, do a backup of your "ThrottleStop.ini" and delete the original one and shut down fully the computer. All value you will see after restart gonna be factory default.
    (I tried to search in Intel datasheet but it's a big mess in there :D). Or you can also backup and delete fully the Throttlestop directory (if you have auto start with Task Scheduler) + shut down fully and check "GT Offset" voltage with HWMonitor. Restore later at the same place with same directory name.
    Searh google about iGPU Unslice I found some infos ;)

Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Even with disabling limits you are getting the issue? I thought it was fixed. Did you try increasing ICC value to 170?

5. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes disable power limits is ticked and my ICC max was set to 100. I have now tried to set it to 200 for Core and Cache and see if it appears on idle again.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. selfassembled

selfassembled Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In the Hackintosh community for the XPS 13 9360, people have been modding BIOS parameters through the UEFI shell. It's fairly simple, first you must extract the BIOS to your computer and read the settings section. Variable IDs and values are outlined, then you can edit them in a UEFI shell environment. You should be able to follow their instructions yourself.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141/

Maleko48 likes this.
  7. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Same thing I do.

Maleko48 likes this.
  8. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Another discovery on Intel DPTF secrets :D for those who want Higher Performance & Lower Power Consumption + Lower Temperature during heavy or full load ;)
    Description on the Power Option is:- Indicates the current power scheme for Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework
    upload_2018-10-5_14-39-16.png

Available Options is Low - Medium - High Performance ;)

I will be testing on each one of them if it doesn't cause any kind of glitches :) before releasing it to the public :cool:

I just can't understand why Intel hide all those options?? also there is no documentation & not enough information.. I just keep digging on .inf driver files from old versions till the new ones & I always find soo many missing registry & missing code or command to add those registry correctly :rolleyes:

I will keep digging to squeeze every single drop of performance... at the end this is what I payed for... right? :D

Maleko48, c69k, Krzyslaw and 2 others like this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I had that option when I just bought my PC. After BIOS update dell removed DPTF settings because people complained of event viewer errors saying cpu is not working or similar.
    What's Presence Aware power?

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.
  10. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I hope these settings do work out for you! Maybe DPTF can control PECI power limits which will be another smoking gun for this throttle sceheme OEMs like to use. This coupled with ThrottleStop will be pretty darn amazing

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.