The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont know if you saw my posts but i found 2 more people with the same issue, one in GT72VR-7RE(same as me) and another on MSI GT72VR 6RE

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...u-throttling-to-800mhz-and-stuttering.813644/

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=299155.0

I need find a way to check what is causing this issue.

2. netsen90

netsen90 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am having a wierd issue with my Xeon E5-2690 v3. For some reason i am getting Current limit throttling even under virtually no load (1-5% cpu), and the Package TDP never goes beyond 75W during stresstest, even if its capable of 135W. I really need some help figuring this out. My motherboard is a Asrock X99E-ITX/ac with the latest BIOS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Change VR (CPU Current Limit) / ICCMax to 100-200 amps.

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Could you post pict of your TS main windows, FIVR, TPL settings. Have you tried follow How to Lower Temperatures, Stop Throttling guide ?

5. karasahin

karasahin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am very disappointed that my i5 5200u doesn't undervolt well. I used to see here that people were able to undervolt up to -150mv but it seems sweetspot for this particular CPU is -50mv for me. I've tried -75mv and seemed okay for a long period of time but hanged while playing FIFA 18 and I had to do hard reset. How can I know when this would happen so that I might configure profiles? Any sign besides of system hanging?

6. Pedro69

Reputations:
    Now i only use TS to monitoring the Bd-Prochot, to edit values i use Bios....
    Im testing other things but if i not wrong when the Bd-Prochot appears my GPU and CPU never go high of 70ºC...im thinking now if not is something related with current or voltage.

[​IMG]

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Bd-Prochot never appears if you run pure Cpu benchmark - stress tests (only with load on cpu and gpu)? I would put max values in bios and play with different Throttlestop settings (speed shift - EPP - voltage etc) as in mentioned guide. But don't run XTU when you use TS. You could as well test with XTU. But one software each time.

pressing, duttyend and Vasudev like this.
  8. Coltaine79

Coltaine79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Vasudev. That's not the issue. SpeedShift is enabled fine via my TS, and setting EPP # works fine also. Also, TS is always running in the background (via Task Scheduler, it automatically runs on User Logon and I never close it)

The issue is that, upon waking from "sleep/standby", when I open TS and check it, it appears that something in Win10 FCU has disabled SpeedShift and I need to manually re-enable it. If I forget to manually re-enable SpeedShift, then my post-wakeup computing session is done without SpeedShift.

That's why I was looking for a way to automatically re-enable SpeedShift after waking up from sleep/standby (possibly "modern standby"). Since TS is always running (I never close it), the fact that TS can enable SpeedShift on startup will not help in this instance.

pressing and Vasudev like this.
  9. Pedro69

Reputations:
    Well, i already have speed shift activated in my bios. I need know what values i need check to avoid Bd-Prochot.

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Looks like you are using hybrid shutdown aka Fast start. Disable that using powercfg -h off and see if it fixes the issue

duttyend likes this.