The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. THE-HL

THE-HL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    so no matter what in speed shift the number is 128 even when im playing games like overwatch or gta 5, im in the latest version of windows and have a 7820hk cpu

2. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    Can you explain this some more? What number is 128? The number on the main ThrottleStop window or the Speed Shift number in the FIVR window? Did you check and set the EPP value on the main screen of ThrottleStop? How about post some pictures? Are you trying to say that ThrottleStop is working or not working or Windows is working or not working or ...........

duttyend, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  3. THE-HL

Reputations:
    dont know if its throttlestop or the newest windows version but those are my settings

Attached Files:

4. unclewebb

Reputations:
    On the main ThrottleStop screen you have Speed Shift - EPP checked and this is set to 128. You can change that 128 number. Just click on it and edit it. 0 is used for maximum performance and 255 is for tied to a tree sluggish performance. 80 is a good compromise, similar to the Windows Balanced profile. After you make a change, click on the FIVR button and have a look in there in the monitoring panel at the top right. Does the EPP value in there change? Is it the same as the value you set on the main screen of ThrottleStop. It is possible that the latest version of Windows 10 might change the EPP value so watch for that in the FIVR screen.

To take a screen snapshot of only ThrottleStop, hold down the ALT key and then push the PRINT SCREEN key on your keyboard if your keyboard has one. After that you can Paste the image into any paint program or paste it directly into imgur.com.

duttyend, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  5. THE-HL

Reputations:
    ah thanks for that as for epp is 128 the best number for battery mode?

6. unclewebb

Reputations:
    The best EPP number varies depending on the CPU and what apps you are running. A value of 128 is good for battery mode but it can also limit maximum performance. That is why I like 80 better than 128. Many people running on battery power do not mind a little less performance so they are happy with 128. I am mostly plugged in so 0 is the best number for me.

@THE-HL - So what is the verdict? Is ThrottleStop working OK? Does it let you set and maintain an EPP value without Windows changing it?

pressing, duttyend and Vasudev like this.
  7. THE-HL

Reputations:
    Yea it works alrite, looking forward for the next release

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Fix your cooling if you want-prefer change from 128 to lower value. You already cook your chips:oops: Fix your overheating problems regardlees what settings you want to use in TS. Your Cpu wan't be working long time with this temp.
    upload_2018-2-6_18-44-28.png

9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    800MHz bug is back.

10. THE-HL

Reputations:
    yea i tried repasting it but 3 heatsink screws got stripped so i cant take it out and repaste it anymore and dell told me they dont have the tools necessary to take the screws out, so yea

duttyend likes this.