The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Fix your cooling if you want-prefer change from 128 to lower value. You already cook your chips:oops: Fix your overheating problems regardlees what settings you want to use in TS. Your Cpu wan't be working long time with this temp.
    upload_2018-2-6_18-44-28.png

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    800MHz bug is back.

3. THE-HL

THE-HL Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yea i tried repasting it but 3 heatsink screws got stripped so i cant take it out and repaste it anymore and dell told me they dont have the tools necessary to take the screws out, so yea

duttyend likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    If you can't fix it yourself... Try a local Computer repair shop. If you still want run it as it is, don't run max performance. Follow @unclewebb's guide regarding how to put Speed Shift - EPP settings for less Performance. Good luck, sir:)

pressing likes this.
  5. dhrumstix

dhrumstix Newbie

Reputations:
    @unclewebb I have throttlestop set to start with windows, however it starts the service but doesn't put the icon in the task tray so if I want to open throttle stop to change settings, I have to stop the task and then re-start the program. Any way to fix this?

6. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    Maybe. Did you follow the guide on page 514?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/page-514

Step 3) in the guide might be the problem.

It sounds like you have ThrottleStop starting up before you log on. Fix that and see what happens.

Edit - I just remembered. I finally fixed up the original guide in the second post of this thread. Lots of info there to point you in the right direction.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/#post-6865107

duttyend and 0lok like this.
  7. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey friends!
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question (or if it's already answered in this matter). Today was the first time TS shows a warning message (CPU not supported) since I've purchased my MSI GE63VR. It's a 7700HQ, what's the cause for that?
    Also thanks for this magnificent piece of software, unclewebb!

EDIT: Issue is fixed immediately after I plugged my laptop in. It appears TS just won't run when the laptop is on power saving profiles!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. psil0

psil0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @unclewebb

Greetings!! How are you?

I'm hoping you can help me because I'm running out of ideas.

Im having EDP Current in CPU, GPU and RING when playing games, so when gpu is under load (cpu +gpu)

I managed to unlock lots of bios setting, that I can customize now.
    Already tried changing processor current limit and the turbo boost power limits

Any ideias?!

Thank you

Clevo N170SD
    HM87
    i7-4720hq
    GTX 960M

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.
  9. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Currently your processor can work safely up to 100c according to Intel but I think your laptop OEM specified to set it only up to 97c according to your screen shot so... first of all.

Fix your thermal issues because you're already touching the limit of PROCHOT that the OEM specified.
    Did you try to undervolt & see if it helps your current thermal issues?

In general.. get your thermal fixed first and then tweak your CPU settings to whatever you need :)

10. NeonSun

NeonSun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A quick question: Can I bump up the Turbo TDP/TDC by say doubling it from stock value and ensure throttling is held back? Basically, I want all my benches to run whilst the CPU is at its max core clocks on all cores