The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Switch back the date to older value and it will work.

2. arshcaria

arshcaria Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @5P4MB0T's answer is great!
    If you want to add RunAsDate with ThrottleStop to Task Scheduler, change the program and parameter to something like:
    RunAsDate.exe 22\10\2017 12:35:22 "D:\Program Files (green)\ThrottleStop\ThrottleStop.exe"

3. Juksu

Juksu Newbie

Reputations:
    This is one of the absolutely best free pieces of software available for computer tuning (and my purposes). Never had a crash or a problem. The UI terminology might be a bit confusing in the beginning - there is a learning curve... But anyhow, I'm also waiting for a non-expired version to appear...

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  4. 7564321

7564321 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello @unclewebb you are my savior when I do gaming on a mobile CPU, everyone said laptops aren't for gaming, but your hard work prove the opposite, thanks you! Usually when the old version of TS is over , and you already made new one, I hope you find the time to get us back in action.

t456 and Vasudev like this.
  5. djkanoko

djkanoko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Although I am very appreciative of @unclewebb for his work on Throttlestop I also think a non-destructive update system is really essential for this type of software. Considering that many users depend on this progam to run on startup to keep their temperatures in check, having the program not start at all due to the update system can create a whole range of issues for some users.

I think an update warning with a 10 second countdown before the warning closes would be more than adequate to ensure all users use the latest version without compromising existing installations.

Vasudev and Eason like this.
  6. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    Sorry, TS is unclewebb's baby. A labour of love.

Anything he offers should be accepted gratefully. This is not what I'm reading above in some/most of the above comments.

He has a reason (or reasons) to offer the program as is today. If it helps anyone; great (and yeah; it's helped many, many users).

If it doesn't work for you as offered? Patience is required. Anything else is showing your ingratitude.

After all, unclewebb of all people know when his expiration is set on his work(s).

Take care.

7. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    Adding support for Apollo Lake without access to any new hardware has taken longer than expected. That is the problem with free software; free to use but definitely not free to develop. No worries. Falkentyne and Papusan have recently come to the rescue so I can keep the lights on and keep working on project ThrottleStop. The next version will be finalized and uploaded shortly. If your laptop runs like crap without ThrottleStop, complain to the manufacturer. They are the problem. I am just the poor schmuck cleaning up the mess they created.

8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Keep up the good work, Master @unclewebb . And 95% of the laptops out there are jokebooks now. Either they run like crap or they are locked down with cancer firmwares. BTW I sent a donation :)

duttyend likes this.
  9. -BaTaB-

-BaTaB- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To be fair, your software is just a super good add-on even on already good laptops. It adds so much potential is a joke and while it requires a little time for the user to get an optimal configuration. In addition it also adds a lot of flexibility.

I think you underestimate your own software and I believe most of us would be happy to add a few bucks and get it bundled with our laptops on shipping already. I'm still kinda surprised that no company still has offered you anything to buy it.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nothing is compared to your software... I consider you a V.I.P. for Laptop & PC world + Tablets too!. To me... I am satisfied with this update protocol... it is fair if I was the same situation as @unclewebb

man... may God bless you @unclewebb

Papusan and Vasudev like this.