The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox & @unclewebb : Did TS become open-source or is it photo-shopped?
    Mr. Fox have you tried tweaking No. of threads to 12/16/24 to get a bump in scores OR 100% stress test tool for CPU OC.

2. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    No and no. @Mr. Fox has been a long time supporter of ThrottleStop and I have always appreciated his helpful videos so I decided to create a special version of ThrottleStop for him. Anyone with over 17,000 rep points on NBR deserves some recognition. He has also helped guide TS development, making sure it doesn't become a big, bloated mess like some programs and operating systems have become.

D2 Ultima, Vasudev, Papusan and 5 others like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It's always a pleasure supporting you and a product as awesome as ThrottleStop. There are a few heroes in my overclocking world, and you're one of the few, bro. You're in good company with @Prema, @Mumak, @svl7 and @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER on my list of Rock Stars.

Vasudev, Papusan, Johnksss and 2 others like this.
  4. crusher88

crusher88 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys i have a question please.
    i've been having my laptop stable with undervolt -110 or -115.. everything ok.. then i started lately to play with my gpu overclocked ( +170-200 mhz on the core) and i've been experiencing randomly some system crash but not graphic driver crashing.. but rather my system rebooting like when it happened when i had undervolt pushed too hard.. now the question is.. do i have to reduce my undervolt when i'm overclocking my GPU even if it has nothing to do with the cpu? like if the cpu needs more power when i overclock my gpu? or could it be possible that the system reboot while gaming is just related to my card being overclocked too much? in that case i would expect a driver video crash.. rather than a reboot? right?
    thank you!

5. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Maybe your CPU gets hotter when gaming due to the GPU being stressed too - thereby perhaps creating a unstable undervolt due to increased temperatures. Or maybe the increased overall power usage of the notebook somehow decreases the 'cleanliness' of the power going to the CPU - thereby creating an unstable undervolt. You could always try reducing your undervolt when gaming to see if it still crashes - if it doesn't then you've got your answer.

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    jack34, DackEW, unclewebb and 5 others like this.
  7. DackEW

DackEW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Too bad Windows 7 doesn't support your system :D... Just kidding, actually It is so good to see all these best combinations, Win 7, 3Dmark11, Throttlestop, Pascal, Kaby Lake, DDR4.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Indeed. Windows 7 is alive and well, and that is a threat to the success of their latest piece of crap OS, just as it was the bane of Windows 8's existence. The Redmond Mafia are pulling out all of the stops now and are willing to stoop to digital genocide to create an impression of success with Windoze OS X Creators Abortion.

My completely valid and legit Windows 7 Pro product key, purchased for and used only on this system, was suddenly and mysteriously blacklisted this weekend. My activation was lost for no explainable reason and when I attempted to reactivate I saw a strange message something along the lines of "this operating system version is not authorized for your product" or "your product is not authorized to use this version of Windows" (cannot remember exactly what it said... wish I had saved a screen shot). It was a chilling message and one I have never seen before. I had to resort to dishonorable means to reactivate it.

If this is the kind of experience we can expect more of, I won't hesitate to use whatever means at my disposable to continue using my preferred operating system for as long as I want to. If doing it legit and paying for it (which I have always done until now) doesn't work, then I'll do it the wrong way without batting an eye. These Nazis are not going to make my decisions for me. They don't have a say in the matter and if they think they can, then they can pucker up and plant a wet one on both sides of my gluteus maximus.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Maybe WU detected it as Kaby Lake CPU during the detection process and flagged it with the message you posted above. If you want Windows 7 so badly become a pirate.

10. bfont

bfont Newbie

Reputations:
    So is anyone else having an issue with 8.48/Creator's update on W10 and the TS taskbar icon not showing up? I've tried resetting TS, re"install"ing it, wiping the icon cache.. Nada.