The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This makes sense what you say, I'm inclined to think it's for the reasons you listed rather than to safeguard against any future degredation - that would also fit in better with my experience with undervolts & overclocks remaining stable for multiple years (ie no degredation).

cktducky likes this.
  2. cktducky

cktducky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I absolutely agree with you! :)

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I just love how @unclewebb keeps making ThrottleStop better and better. Too bad we can't say the same thing about what Micro$loth does with Windows.

tf5.JPG

pressing and duttyend like this.
  4. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    :vbthumbsup: for the special Fox Tornado version of ThrottleStop. That should look good in the next TS video you do.

I enjoyed the recent Windows 10 clean up project you posted. Highly recommended.

Papusan, pressing, Vasudev and 3 others like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yes, it will look amazing. I'm going to have to do another one pretty soon and that will make it all the nicer.

Papusan likes this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox & @unclewebb : Did TS become open-source or is it photo-shopped?
    Mr. Fox have you tried tweaking No. of threads to 12/16/24 to get a bump in scores OR 100% stress test tool for CPU OC.

7. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    No and no. @Mr. Fox has been a long time supporter of ThrottleStop and I have always appreciated his helpful videos so I decided to create a special version of ThrottleStop for him. Anyone with over 17,000 rep points on NBR deserves some recognition. He has also helped guide TS development, making sure it doesn't become a big, bloated mess like some programs and operating systems have become.

Vasudev, Papusan, FrozenLord and 4 others like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It's always a pleasure supporting you and a product as awesome as ThrottleStop. There are a few heroes in my overclocking world, and you're one of the few, bro. You're in good company with @Prema, @Mumak, @svl7 and @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER on my list of Rock Stars.

9. crusher88

crusher88 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey guys i have a question please.
    i've been having my laptop stable with undervolt -110 or -115.. everything ok.. then i started lately to play with my gpu overclocked ( +170-200 mhz on the core) and i've been experiencing randomly some system crash but not graphic driver crashing.. but rather my system rebooting like when it happened when i had undervolt pushed too hard.. now the question is.. do i have to reduce my undervolt when i'm overclocking my GPU even if it has nothing to do with the cpu? like if the cpu needs more power when i overclock my gpu? or could it be possible that the system reboot while gaming is just related to my card being overclocked too much? in that case i would expect a driver video crash.. rather than a reboot? right?
    thank you!

10. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Maybe your CPU gets hotter when gaming due to the GPU being stressed too - thereby perhaps creating a unstable undervolt due to increased temperatures. Or maybe the increased overall power usage of the notebook somehow decreases the 'cleanliness' of the power going to the CPU - thereby creating an unstable undervolt. You could always try reducing your undervolt when gaming to see if it still crashes - if it doesn't then you've got your answer.