The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    I would second that.. Having too many sometimes isn't the best thing :)

_VinZ_ and Ultra Male like this.
  2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @unclewebb

what I would love to see is a "Duplicate Settings from profile X to profile X"

Example, I set my base overclock or default settings the same as in BIOS when it comes to core/cache ratios, voltages, etc. Rather than having to do this for every profile from scratch, if we can copy a particular profile settings of our choice to another profile of our choice, then the changes needed for that second profile that we need to make would just be a few clicks away like changing the voltage / multipliers and baam, you'e done, rather than having to go to FIVR change the settings all over again for Core, then Cache, then System agent, it's too much work

another thing I would like see automated it creating an auto startup that skips UAC warnings if UAC was enabled and runs automatically at startup. Right now I do this by manually creating a task in Task Scheduler but I know a lot of people don't even know how to do that so if there was a simple checkbox in the program like is the case with EVGA Precision X where it creates a task in Task Scheduler with the correct settings to run at every user logon or whatnot, it would make like much easier

_VinZ_ and TomJGX like this.
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is nothing to do with me, but Throttlestop is an enthusiast tool, and there might be an argument to be had that if you can't work out how to create a task in Task Scheduler then you shouldn't be messing with Throttlestop. (There's even instructions in the first few posts of this thread on how to set up Task Scheduler). Afterall, Throttlestop is overriding some elements of OEM control, thereby placing that responsibility on the users shoulders, those shoulders should arguably be able to follow instructions & be able to create Task Scheduler tasks. Peoples need to be smart!

Papusan and alexhawker like this.
  4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    no one talked to you or mentioned you., you are on my ignore list anyway. It was a suggestion to unclewebb. I know how to create tasks, I am suggesting small things which would make the task creation easier to use for others. I have met many people lately that had no idea how to start TS automatically.

My suggestion was to unclewebb, he can take it or leave it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    _VinZ_ likes this.
  5. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    "Ignore List", what's wrong with you! I'm just thinking playing Devil's Advocate. I'm just providing my point of view, which is why I said that it's nothing to do with me - it's just my input (I like commenting on stuff!). Why I'm on your ignore list I don't know (although I'm not disappointed really).

EDIT: yes, I know you know how to create Task Scheduler tasks, that wasn't my point.

6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It sounded like you are dissing my suggestion. I understand that Pro users can do this easily. Would I prefer having an automated button or option to do this automatically? sure why not. I cannot even remember why you are on my ignore list it was probably many negative comments from you in the past. Either way, let's keep things the way they are. Cheers

7. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    I was just providing a counterpoint to your suggestion, not randomly dissing it. Wasn't anything personal. I can't remember targetting you with negative comments, although if I rack my brain and if I'm not mistaken you used to call yourself Matrix Leader which I found kind of entertaining & I have vague recollections of tin foil hats & Windows 10. Even if my recollections are completely wrong & if I'm mistaken then I'm still just providing a counterpoint to this argument, it's fun to debate.

Ultra Male likes this.
  8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    removed from ignore list. Cheers

tilleroftheearth and Robbo99999 like this.
  9. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    Haha, ok!

Ultra Male likes this.
  10. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    Ignore lists: (used) by people that think they can't learn or grow anymore.

Yeah; my 2 cents. :)

Glad to see you're still learning and growing Phoenix!

D2 Ultima and Ultra Male like this.