The ThrottleStop Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by unclewebb, Nov 7, 2010.

1. unclewebb

unclewebb ThrottleStop Author

Reputations:
    upload_2021-10-13_10-25-15.png

I saw that you did not check that box. That is why I am not sure how closely you followed the guide. :)
    If you are still having problems, post screenshots of every tab in the Task Scheduler and maybe my keen eye will find something else. It is possible that this does not work in Windows 11. It has always worked correctly for me in Windows 10.

Some users like to use ThrottleStop to manage their CPU when running on battery power. I only use a desktop computer. Use ThrottleStop if you need it.

ThrottleStop does not report voltage. It reports VID which is not the same as the actual voltage going to the CPU. Most laptops do not have a sensor to report voltage going to the core. Not sure if 1.1648 VID at almost 4600 MHz is good or bad. It looks good but I would not bother wasting time comparing VID voltage values to other users. As long as your computer runs well and benches well compared to other 11800H users, that is all that is important.

tilleroftheearth likes this.
  2. 100won

100won Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Sir

After updating 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5006674), throttlestop display wrong value and does not work.

3. unclewebb

Reputations:
    Did you disable Core isolation - Memory integrity?

[​IMG]

Did you disable Virtual Machine Platform?

Most people are able to run ThrottleStop in Windows 11 as long as those settings are disabled. If those settings are enabled, ThrottleStop will not have full access to the CPU and ThrottleStop will not work correctly.

If you need help, show me a screenshot of your Windows features and show me a screenshot of the FIVR window.

upload_2021-10-13_12-36-19.png

Here is some more information about what needs to be disabled so ThrottleStop will work in Windows 11.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/page-1333#post-11122016

100won likes this.
  4. 100won

100won Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wonder that why windows 10 can enable sandbox feature without problem?

5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @unclewebb It seems I was able to fix black screen of death upon sleep or due to display timeouts. I had DCH Intel driver and nvidia standard driver. Couple of months ago, WindowsApps was corrupted during junk files cleanup and Appx are inoperable. Couple of days ago I reverted to intel standard non-dch version for skylake 6700HQ 51xx version driver and that black screen of death has been fixed.

unclewebb likes this.
  6. Webbmaster

Webbmaster Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    my fivr Screen - because I just yesterday added (lol?):
    virtual platform
    Hyper-v
    and Hypervisor platform.
    Memory integrity DISABLED

So program could not working properly as just dont reduce voltage? upload_2021-10-13_15-15-28.png

7. unclewebb

Reputations:
    I do not know the answer to that question. It looks like ThrottleStop is working correctly in your screenshot. It should be easy to test this. Set the offset voltage for the core and the cache to +0.0000 while a TS Bench test or a Cinebench test is running. If you change the voltage to -82.0 mV, you should see a change in temperatures.

Go back and forth from zero offset voltage to -82.0 mV while the CPU is fully loaded. If you are still not sure, go crazy with the undervolt settings. Set the core and cache to -200 mV and see if your computer crashes. That is an easy way to confirm if CPU voltage control is working or not.

8. Webbmaster

Webbmaster Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Finally me too - got not working TS after cumulative last update on W11 today - I mean there was in FIVR sections nothing in OFFSET
    and can`t change Turbo Ratio limits etc.

Uncheck Virtual platform - not enough - Uncheck Hyper Platform - it all came back!
    How is everyone on w11 last update - switch off both now?

Ps. Didn't check yet about working or not with -200mv etc - got this first!
    PS2. One more question - about MEMORY DISABLE and LOCK TURBO POWER LIMITS - is it proper to leave unchecked?

9. unclewebb

Reputations:
    It is hard to keep track of what update has switched what Windows setting or feature on or off. What you have to do to get ThrottleStop working in Windows 11 is always the same. Switch off whatever virtualization features that need to be switched off.

That is up to you. If you do not need these features then you do not need to check them. There is no right or wrong if your computer is running good.

10. DrewN

DrewN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Could it be the Windows Subsystem for Android (which is installed for the Amazon Appstore integration)?