The SNL VP Debate ......LMAO!!!

Discussion in 'Everything Political' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lysander

Lysander AFK, raid time.

Reputations:
    Woah, cool down, bro.

That's one of the things that bugs me about this campaign, outside of the Republican/Democrat parties, who else do you have? It seems that you either have to be one or the other, that there is no middle ground. Yes, I've heard a few words mentioning the Libertarian party, but what else do you have, and how much of a voice do the other parties have in American politics?

Why would they call the cops on you?

2. INEEDMONEY

INEEDMONEY Homicidal Teddy Bear

Reputations:
    Nothing compares to the stupidity of Palin. Simple as that. It's comedic PLATINUM!

3. bmwrob

bmwrob Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Why would anyone care enough about your car to call the police, whether Republican or Democrat? Is it plastered with political slogans or bumper stickers? lol

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Everything in Moderation

Reputations:
    While SNL may belong to the "liberal conspiracy", I really don't see this as part of a strategic plan to win the election. Democrats have never been very good at strategy.

Rather, this is an indication of the alienation between Red and Blue America--that what each values most, the other considers a joke.

5. burkle25

burkle25 Are you a color?

Reputations:
    The shout-out to the third graders and the winking :D

I wish they would actually define what is meant by saying they are 'mavericks.'

6. Zenica

Zenica InterArmaEnimSilentLeges

Reputations:
    I tend to vote for Democrats, mostly but in this election I would not pull either of them from a drowning car or burning house. I simply do not understand how anyone with a minimum of 3 working brain cells would be unable to take one look at ob(s)ama and listen to a single speach without arriving at a singular conclusion. He is dangerous. To this country, for the world and most important---to future generations. He is an empty suit, a spectre wearing sharp clothes to cloak the evil. I honestly think he is worse than moron bush. Moron is just stupid and when he leaves office, will be forgotten and the lasting effects of his Presidency can be recovered from. This is simply not the case with the spectre. McCain is not much better but I do prefer him over the spectre. McCain is a Patriot at heart and I believe he does want the best for this country. The spectre is shrouded in so many mistruthes and deceptions I fear what his true motives are. I play the lottery every day in the hopes of winning a big enough jackpot so that this Jew can move to Germany and feel comfortable.

7. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I always thought this is what they meant:

[​IMG]

8. Bog

Bog Losing it...

Reputations:
    You should relax, bmwrob, getting angry won't change his mind or anything. Plus, who knows how he meant that opinion.

I personally think its true that America has lost much of its standing in the eyes of the rest of the world; and rather than simply attacking America without reasons as Lysander did, I will attempt to provide good reasons why I think so.

The major problem with America's world standing isn't the American people - it is the attitude of the politicians whom the people elect that is the problem. Specifically, I think that America's image has suffered terribly during the 8-years of Bush's administration enforcing the Bush doctrine. Foreign policy has been the Achilles heel of America's international standing, and it has been bleeding copiously for 8 years.

In case anyone isn't familiar - Palin, you should write notes for this - the Bush doctrine is a foreign policy that dictates that America will conduct pre-emptive attacks against countries that it deems to be a threat to national security. The Bush doctrine is the whole reason why the US is now neck deep in Iraq - the Bush administration had what they believed to be credible evidence that their country was threatened (in the case of Iraq, the belief that Hussein had WMDs), therefore they attacked according to the policy backed by your beloved president (hope he drops dead from a pretzel).
    The Bush doctrine is also the reason for America's misadventures in Afghanistan.

When you step back and look at this massive mess, you may see what the majority of the world sees - a country that attacked Iraq on false grounds; how embarrassing and discrediting. Perhaps it would have been wise to withdraw immediately upon realization that no such weapons existed, but America persevered. To the world, maybe this looked like imperialistic oppression. Many Iraqis view it this way; so is it a surprise to see that America's foreign relations are falling apart around the world, bmwrob?

Whenever America has started a war, it has lost and gained credibility at the same time, because people felt America's wars were justified - but the reasons for attacking were different then. People had different fears (ex, Communism), and publicly available imagery of the horrors of war were not always available. Now they are. There are many factors to consider when thinking about America's foreign policy, and I think that the pieces do not fall together in your favour. All I can say is that I hope America's standing improves during the next administration.

9. Slaughterhouse

Slaughterhouse Knock 'em out!

Reputations:
    Bog, hitting the nail right on the head as always.

Back to the topic at hand, the skit is great and I really hope that these skits get more attention to show people how stupid Palin really is. I am not convinced that people who love her are truly stupid, I just don't think they realize her incompetence. I really hope I'm right and it isn't that the people who love her for her incompetence are stupid.

10. vdawg

vdawg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I found the skit hilarious ("Ever since I was a little girl I loved jews and cuban food") but I do agree that SNL picks on Palin a little too much compared to Biden. It's mainly does so though because of Tina Fey's extreme dislike of Palin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.