The rise and fall of Kaspersky?

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Papusan, Sep 9, 2017.

?

Will this be the fall for Kaspersky?

1. YES

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. NO

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Remove Adblock and switch to uBlock origin which can be configured for maximum privacy and uses less CPU than Adblock.

Georgel and Starlight5 like this.
  2. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thank you!

I did not know about that! :D

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Reputations:
    @Georgel I'd add NoScript to the bunch, at the very least.

4. Georgel

Reputations:
    Thank you for the advice! Do you know what it is and what id does? I never heard of it or understood what it should do, this is why I didn't add it. I had a very... very... extreme behavior for me adBlock so it would stop everything from way before it would run dangerous stuffs, but for the sake of it, it would be nice to understand what NoScript is!

EDIT::: I only see those:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Starlight5 likes this.
  5. Starlight5

Reputations:
    @Georgel it's a browser extension that blocks JavaScript and other scripts, only allowing those you personally whitelisted. It can be frustrating at times, but totally worth if you really care about your security and/or privacy.

Papusan, Vasudev and Georgel like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I disabled noscript because it blocks every thing insecure and you need to know how it works.

Georgel likes this.
  7. Georgel

Reputations:
    I don't know how it works! I don't know what to do there! I really would need some help and advice!

Starlight5 and Vasudev like this.
  8. Starlight5

Reputations:
    @Georgel sadly NoScript is not available for Chrome, and from what I read about Chrome alternatives - they are even less user-friendly. \=

With NoScript, you click on the NoScript icon and choose which websites that try to run scripts on the page you're currently browsing you allow to, now and in future. I imagine the alternatives should behave in similar fashion.

Vasudev and Georgel like this.
  9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    And what makes US so trust worthy?
    Have people already forgot the whole NSA debacle?
    Heck, NSA even hacked Merkel, a chancellor of Germany, which is one of the closes USA's allies, because that's what allies do, right?

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    And what do you do when you can't close it without clicking on it?

Unfortunately sometimes you can't and that's when what are you going to do now.

If you going to adware sites then that is your own fault getting hit by those popup ads. Why are you going there in the first place?

AdBlocker has been compromised by Ad companies already to let some ads through so not thanks... I use my own custom "hosts" edit and it is far better then a paid version that I can control. Any my custom Windows "hosts" files does fine blocking for all Browsers not just one Browsers. I can use IE, Edge, FF, Chrome and the hosts edited file since it is loaded when Windows loads does the job rather then installing a blocker plugin for each Browser or loading the Adblocker program that is compromised by Ad companies forcing them to let specific ads through. I read about this already where Adblock got forced to let ads through even though they claim to block ads of which it no longer does. And I also change my "hosts" file attribute to "Read-Only" that way nothing can change it unless I change it. That further protects redirects/malware from writing homepages or changing my settings. And plus mine doesn't need the Ads Company sending me ads or popups when I don't want their junk or malware that could be riding along with their popup ads.

Yea like that will stop them.

Then don't use your CC or Online banking cause your just as likely to get identity theft because you agreed without reading the term of the agreements. You think you will be able to install the software without clicking on the box to continue the install and usage? One just has to search online for Reviews of the A/V software and make their best judgement to the one that fits their need or has what they want. That's a over simplification of the clause.

Starlight5 and Vasudev like this.