The random picture thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kyle, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    The original ICE?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JRE84 and killkenny1 like this.
  3. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Perhaps one of the requirements for purchasing a Bugatti should be for the new owner to drive his new car up and past 300mph before being allowed to claim ownership? He will of course need to put up the full amount of the purchase in escrow and insure the car to full value before attempting such a daring do, no sense being silly about it all:
    bugotti maximum speed run by top gear 304.77mph.jpg

Never have the words "don't blink" ever been as important as when driving at 304.77mph. :)

Bugatti hits 304.77mph in a Chiron | Top Gear

The BBC didn't provide any context in that video, as in the very previous video another version(?) Chiron hit slightly less top speed:

Doing 261mph in a Bugatti Chiron Sport | Top Gear

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  5. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, the 261 MPH top speed run was done using the production Bugatti Chiron Sport. This new record was set with a tweaked prototype. It has a lower drag, thanks to the lack of a rear wing, reworked rear diffuser, larger front splitter, quad exhaust pipes, and a 25 cm increased length. Its engine is also boosted from 1479 HP to 1578 HP. The prototype is likely indicative of upgrades to the rumoured Super Sport model. According to Bugatti President Stephan Winkelmann, the record is also the automaker's last hurrah in chasing after top speed records.

As much as I appreciate the engineering feats of the Veyron and the Chiron, I haven't been that into their exteriors. Then came the Bugatti Divo, which not only is more track-focused, but looks great too. This new Chiron prototype also looks absolutely menacing, and I love what the new splitter and diffuser do to the overal look of the car. Yes, it's evil and gargles petrol like there's no tomorrow, but there's something oddly attractive about what it stands for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
  7. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The most impressive part about the Bugattis and Koenigseggs which can do these silly speeds is that they are still normal piston driven cars, which meet safety/emissions regulations (for the most part) and still maintain creature comforts.

[​IMG]

The Chiron is faster than the Blue Bird, which was the first land vehicle to travel at over 300mph. That thing was powered by a Rolls Royce R aircraft engine though with over 2000hp. Just goes to show how far things have progressed since then.

Convel, hmscott and Fishon like this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  9. CastlBravo

CastlBravo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations: