The Outer Worlds

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Felix_Argyle, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is a new RPG from Obsidian, creators of many famous RPG games. Some people consider this a proper successor to Fallout New Vegas due to the style of the game and gameplay. Here are first 20 minutes of gameplay:

If you like what you see - you can preorder it now at Epic Games store:
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-outer-worlds/home

Alternatively you can preorder it on Microsoft store for PC:
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/the-outer-worlds
    This will also be a part of Xbox Game Pass for PC, which allows you to play it for $5/month (introductory price).

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    hfm and NuclearLizard like this.
  2. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm looking forward to it. Hoping they knock it out of the park with this one.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I was looking forward to this game, until it went exclusive...
    I guess I will pick it up in a year...

hmscott likes this.
  4. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Every game is exclusive in one way or another. For example, World of Warcraft is not available on gaming consoles. And Cyberpunk 2077 is not available on Nintendo Switch. It is also not available on EA Origin digital store (even though developers of Kingdom Come used it for their own game). Many games are also not available at GoG store, including The Outer Worlds. Do you really think it's necessary to repeat this fact in every post about every video game? The fact that some games are available at some store or some device but not available at a different store or device. Honest question. Another honest question: do you think it matters to other people that, for example, you prefer to wait a year before buying it? Will it make their day more sad? Happy? Serious question, and not only to you.

hfm likes this.
  5. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sounds like he rustled your jimmies. BTW, when most people speak of exclusivity in gaming, they're talking about a game being restricted to one platform or marketplace. Way to overthink things though.

6. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'll just wait the year ...or buy it used for PS4.

hmscott likes this.
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Personally I don't like any exclusivity, be it console or software, so I partly agree with you on this point.
    And CP2077 isn't available on any platform so far. You can pre-order it for PC and current gen consoles (except, like you've mentioned, Switch, but CDPR may pull a Switcher 3 on it in the future, who knows), but it's not out yet on any platform.

I don't think I repeat this about every game. I do however say it often about EGS exclusives, though still not about every game.

Well, this is an open forum, and we can freely participate and speak our mind, so long it's on topic (and it is) and it doesn't break any forum rules (it doesn't).

In the end, we are all end users with different opinion, and my opinion on this game is that I don't want to use another launcher (already too many, and don't use Windows 10), so I will skip it until it comes to Steam or, preferably, GOG.
    You may have another one, someone else might share same opinion as mine, and so forth. This is how you get conversation.
    Also this thing can be a good feedback for devs/publishers. In this case by reading such discussions they can check what is better/more lucrative deal i.e. maybe lesser sales on EGS alone, but a bigger cut + cutback from EG or maybe bigger sales on Steam/EGS/all other platforms, but lesser cut. Metrics and stuff - it's important these days!

Anyway, remember watching older gameplay video, and IDK, but this gameplay video looks kinda smoother, though maybe it's just me.
    I'm still not a big fan of TES/FO3 type of gameplay and this looks very similar to that... But hopefully Obsidian will deliver the story and lore, even if the gameplay won't be to my liking, and that's what matters the most to me. I completed their Alpha Protocol three times. It had such a crappy gameplay, but the story and characters were totally worth it.
    Oh and look, no TTP! Queue angry people from Cyberpunk subreddit :D

hmscott and NuclearLizard like this.
  8. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looks good. I love these types of games. I'd like to try it, but no, I'm not going to epic or microsoft for anything. I haven't caved for Metro and I've been drooling over that for a long time.

It's going to be wait or the other way...

9. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    exchange rates are trash but i want to buy it to see how it is.

10. killkenny1

Reputations:

Nice!

Felix_Argyle and hmscott like this.