The Ongoing Disasters of the EPIC Games Store

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Feb 3, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Haha, "I truly hope the Epic Store Fails" :D

Now that's a "positive review" I can agree with wholeheartedly. :)
    foo.jpg

Here's another one I can agree with:

""Exodus is a wonderful game that will greatly benefit from some patching," AKatarzynaK wrote. "Had its release not been cast in a bad light due to a slimy business move then I feel it would be highly beloved right now. But those who are forced to wait until its return to Steam next year might actually find that this worked in their favor, as this will provide time for some final kinks to be worked out so that they may enjoy a great game the way it was meant to be played.""

Waiting brings so many benefits, and denies benefits to Epic / Tencent, as all good things come to those that wait.

"Genuinely, one of the best story driven games I have ever played," said Nuka Cola. "A shame that the publishers, not the devs, messed up the game's success by choosing to take the cash and push the game to the Epic Games Launcher. Would definitely say that this game is worth the purchase, if it ever comes back to Steam."

02/15/20, looking forward to it.

"Metro Exodus players aren't just praising the game in their reviews on Steam - they're having a dig at the Epic Games store in the process. It's as if angry Steam users are review-bombing the Epic Games store via positive reviews for Metro Exodus, which feels a bit like crossing the streams."

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    why do you guys want everything to fail? real question

competition is always good for us

Prototime and hmscott like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Err, "everything"? :)

Not everything, just the things that take advantage of people's inability to fight back at being taken advantage of, thinking they have us over a barrel so they can take advantage of us and steal away what isn't rightfully theirs.

Like Epic/Tencent buying off Deep Silver with such a huge pile of cash and promises that Deep Silver shafted consumer expectation along with Steam business arrangements, going back on their promise to release Metro: Exodus on Steam - promised for months only to be switched at the last minute, ruining what was a highly anticipated game release with all this crap and fallout.

Epic / Tencent didn't "buy competition" they stole a game out from under everyone, stealing the expectations from months of advertising and pre-sale on Steam, not with the intent to offer the game as a competitive option, but instead to take Metro Exodus as an Epic Store Exclusive.

Epic / Tencent stole the promise of Metro: Exodus's availability on Steam - or any other PC game store - for their own anti-competitive desires.

We all get shafted throughout our lives and most often have no recourse at recompense - we are screwed with no option to recover our losses.

In this case we only need to be patient and wait for the promise of a Steam release for Metro: Exodus to be completed on 02/15/20.

To be rolled over the barrel by Deep Silver / Epic / Tencent is completely within our control. Don't let them do it by simply not playing their game, quite literally. :)

4. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    To be honest. I don't want epic to fail. In all honesty I don't want ANY etailers to fail. I want them to offer a full and actual competing product. Hell if they could offer even HALF the features steam does I may be swayed.

The core ones being localized currency, user reviews, a decent and fair return/refund policy, one click online multiplayer where I can invite friends from my list and now family share. I was bad and lured my GF into PC gaming with some Indy games and also shared with my little brothers.

Also I would like to see cross play between stores. I know now there is a lot of pain in the ass trying to play across GOG and steam. It would be nice if it became industry standard to be able to generate an invite link and be able to DM it to friends.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

TR2N, hmscott, killkenny1 and 2 others like this.
  5. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There are a few mutants whose designs I preferred in Metro: Last Light (for instance, they've shrunk the flying demons and made them look more bat-like, and I think their larger, more-reptillian Last Light design made them look more menacing). Otherwise, I agree with @Mr. Fox - Metro Exodus looks stunning, much better than Metro 2033 and Last Light, even with my GTX 1060 6GB notebook in which I play on 1080p, DX11, High preset, PhysX on, every other setting turned off or set to its lowest value.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    There you go. That's the right view, IMHO. We don't want what happened with Intel and NVIDIA and Micro$lop (monopolies) to happen to game clients, too. And, the way things have been headed with Steam, they could end up being the only game in town (pun intended). That would not be in our best interests as consumers. It would suck for Steam to be the only platform. Console jockeys already have grown numb to it. I don't think anyone really wants that to happen with PC gaming. Competition is a good thing.

And, as far as the anti-competitive/proprietary hate being flung at Epic, just look at how that kind of stupid greed-driven nonsense has literally ruined laptops. Yet, people are willing to tolerate that load of crap with their expensive turdbooks. Seems like a double-standard when you stop and think about it.

Prototime and Vasudev like this.
  7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah i think the competition is great...steam prices may come down

hmscott likes this.
  8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This aint competition, competition is if steam and epic offer the same games. Epic maybe a tad lower price but steam offering cloud saves etc. People have a true choice in such a scenario. Now a store with not even the fraction of the functionality compared to steam forces players to move over if they want the game thanks to exclusivity, no tbecause offering the same product for a better price or with better services.

I am not looking for another store after steam, origin, uplay, gog etc. Not to mention bethesda is also opening their own store. At least steam offers 90% of the market while the rest only a small fraction.

True competition means all games on all platforms.

edit: removed some typos, should post messages when tired haha

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    hmscott and Ifrin like this.
  9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No, it just means higher profits for developers, not lower prices for gamers.

hmscott likes this.
  10. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    $65 USD = oof!

hmscott likes this.