The Ongoing Disasters of the EPIC Games Store

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Feb 3, 2019.

1. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Is the game worth getting even after all the epic games BS?

Mr. Fox and hmscott like this.
  2. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, it's awesome. Great story, great FPS survival horror gameplay with a mix of open-world mechanics and tightly-focused missions. Highly recommend.

Mr. Fox and hmscott like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    With ongoing Metro: Exodus bugfixes and tuning + Nvidia driver RTX / DLSS bugfixes and tuning updates, Metro: Exodus should be ready on Steam by 02/15/20.

Based on how it looks now and how I hope it looks by 02/15/20, I'll enjoy playing Metro: Exodus and adding it to my steam collection of Metro games. Can wait. :)
    Epic Winning.JPG
    D0GeCGFXgAI7bkN.png
    https://twitter.com/PsycloneJoker/status/1099334145824706560
    https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1099221091833176064

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    rinneh likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I agree with @Prototime and say get it if you want it. It is excellent. I am having no issues with it. I understand why some people are torqued about the Epic store thing, but there are plenty of other things worth getting worked up over. My preference would have been to have it on Steam, but it's not worth losing any sleep over as far as I am concerned. I am all for developers getting a bigger share, and I don't view Steam as being perfect either. In six months nobody will give a rat's ass. It is just something new to complain about.

Prototime likes this.
  5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    People are talking about Steam, but all I want is this game to be available on GOG...

6. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would personally be happy to have it on either.

Personally I think people should be able to buy it on any platform of their choosing.

I wouldn't say timed exclusives wouldn't be a bad thing if they where like that right off the bat. But after awhile we should be able to buy on any platform they want.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
  8. TR2N

TR2N Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'd rate it as ok.
    The story is great but the constant dialogue and anna influence has me meh at the moment.
    Love the original metro 2033 and it looks way better too.
    Currently half way through the new one.

hmscott likes this.
  9. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is there any report on how much sales on PC as of now?

hmscott likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    While I think it is a masterpiece and looks amazing with everything cranked up, my preference in games is a run and gun experience with no dialogue, no puzzles, no crafting, etc. I prefer a linear non-stop action, more like a Quake or Unreal Tournament gaming scenario. A deep story line is not necessary and I generally find it annoying. I have to say that under most circumstances I would have already lost interest and uninstalled most games with this much story line. I have been kind of negative and very indifferent about RTX features being over-hyped, and still think it is. NVIDIA over-hypes things any time they have something new to sell. But, there is no comparison in the visual quality of this new one to Metro 2033. It is vastly superior the way I see it, and I normally do not notice. Are you playing it with hardware that can handle all of the new features?

This video contains the opening cut-scene movie and a few minutes of gameplay with all the settings maxed out and everything turned on except G-Stink and V-stink. I played it in 1440p and upscaled it to 4K to help minimize the typical YouTube quality degradation.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Prototime and hmscott like this.