===> The Official Studio XPS 1640 Owner's Thread<===

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Cin', Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Here, I thought....The other thread is getting rather large, and now that peep's have factually started receiving their 1340/1640's is a thread dedicated for all the owner's:

So, have at it on your Official 1340/1640 Owner's Lounge/Thread! :yes: :laugh:

Cin ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. erieT30

erieT30 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you:)

3. ddmeightball

ddmeightball Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As always, Cin is one of the best on NBR! :D Hopefully I will be one of the many people here who are an official owner. Why cant they hurry up and get more colors?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  4. likingpies

likingpies Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The wait's driving me mad, I wish I had more things to do than stare at my order status page or call the auto line.

Also, thanks for the thread Cin.

5. Fragster

Fragster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    And I'm sure the lucky ones who already received their orders are probably too busy installing Windows 3.11 and trying to get their wireless drivers working so they can post at NBR!!

6. theguac

theguac Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Once I get mine I'm going to install Windows 7 on it right away because Vista would be a waste of power and speed!

7. nars

nars Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't know if you know this yet or not, but if you install Windows 7 beta, then you have until August 2009 to either upgrade to genuine for whatever price, or uninstall it. If the deadline passes then you lose access to your PC and lose all saved programs and documents on your hard drive. When I tried to install windows 7 this is the warning that they gave me, i don't know about the upgrade with purchase part but they should allow that when the time comes (thats assuming that the full version of windows 7 is out by august, if not then you have to back up everything into an external hard drive and go back to vista)

8. vishank

vishank Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am now part of the 1640 Owner's Club!!! :) This lappy is a beauty!

9. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Let's see so pictures, including nude shots with the bottom off. And I want to know what new owners think of the ATI M86XT (aka 3670) compared to the more common nvidia mobile GPUs. And if it happens to be socketed ...

10. Fragster

Fragster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would be wary of that....W7 is still a beta. There's a reason why it's called a Beta. I'm dual booting with WinXP/W7 on my main HTPC and I'm already having issues trying to get 5.1 out of HDMI thru my receiver. There are some minor issues with media center that I'm trying to iron out (maybe a bug or maybe not).

Feel free to install it if u want....I work in IT and I do a lot of UATing for my company so I have a paranoid mentality:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.