--->The Official Studio XPS 1340 Owner's Thread<---

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Cin', Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lajollan

lajollan Newbie

Reputations:
    still having the problem, I noticed the green light on the touchpad icon in the bottom right actually flashes off for a second when the mouse button looses focus.

2. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you try going to into the Control Panel and right click on the BT logo and configure the settings?

3. AlexSochi

AlexSochi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not all drivers have been converted for windows 7... wait until official windows 7 comes out and after about a month most of the issues will be resolved! As of now no1's bluetooth is working on xps13 on win7rc!!
    Dont worry!

4. Student Driver

Student Driver Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you install the Quickset and Bluetooth drivers for Vista from the Dell site/drivers CD? I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and Bluetooth works great for me.

5. Snowkit82

Snowkit82 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Re: Bluetooth sucking butt...

I'm using vista (for now) and my bluetooth ms mouse connects when i add new, but after restart or resume from sleep, it does not connect or give me the option to ask it to connect. The only way it works is to remove device and re add it. I'm getting really frustrated, i've fudged the settings and it's just not reconnecting.

is it vista? BT? my mouse? or my LT?

Thanks
    d

6. Razmaniac

Razmaniac Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay I decided I'm going to clarify for all those wondering about the new graphics card. The 210M is the best option for this notebook, by far. It offers the performance that the 9500M GE has on paper in reality if that makes sense. It also should have no significantly greater power consumption than the 9400M alone. Here's how I figure this.

Power consumption:
    According to the specs the 210M has a power consumption of 14 Watts, while the 9400M is rated at 12 Watts. The 2 Watt difference is a matter of a few minutes even on a 6 cell battery. For comparison the 9500M GE should have a power consumption of about 25 Watts (this is very variable due to hybrid SLI).

Performance 210M vs 9500M GE:
    Simple logic tells you that a single core is going to be more efficient that two seperate cores. Also the fact that the 210M can do 72 Gigaflops to the 9500M GE's 60 mean that it should out perform, though this is more a guideline than an end all. Top it off with a straight up faster clock than both cards in the 9500M GE and a wider memory bandwith. On paper the 210M should simply outperform the 9500M GE.

Right now I am trying to upgrade my system, mostly because I hate having second best, secondly because I haven't been able to play a few games that I thought I should have with the synthetic benchmarks of the 9500M GE. The only question is, is the memory of the 210M GDDR2 or GDDR3, as GDDR3 makes the value of this card skyrocket.

7. tvdang7

tvdang7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    does anyone hate their laptop for gaming?
    cod4 and css get decent frames but theres like random freezes during game play. Really affects game play.
    either its overheating or some crappy sli optimization when i game with the 9500 sli running this vent on the side is super hot!

8. AlexSochi

AlexSochi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think it would probably use gddr3, anyhow it wont be worse than 9500mge I agree with u there!

xps13 isnt even close on a gaming level. the new 210 would alone make it at least in a multimedia low end video category... But the reason it lags is sli...
    I've seen youtube videos where people are playing at medium setting on cod4 with 9400m!!! and, I asked the guy who had 9500mge on his youtube description he said when ever playing cod4 he only uses 9400m because the sli makes it lag!!! so turn off sli and you'll see better performance in cod4.

9. hanming

hanming Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Great there is another reason to tell the rep that our 9500m GE should be replaced by the 210m GS

10. BatBoy

BatBoy Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.