--->The Official Studio XPS 1340 Owner's Thread<---

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Cin', Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Alex,

I only get the screeching noise when maxing the volume right around 80% and more. It plays pretty loud at 70%. But I agree, the speakers should be able to play audibly at 100% without any high pitch squeeling. What can one do? Change out the speaker and you will still get the same problem unless Dell upgraded the speaker unit but that is doubtful.

2. Snowkit82

Snowkit82 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone!!

I am so excited I finally received my laptop today. It's white and there are pics here http://snowkit82.blogspot.com/

Order Date: Sept 9th
    Ship Date: Sept 28th
    Received: Oct 5th

I have to say I am in love....minus the wait time

D

Video is still uploading as i'm posting this......but shouldn't be much longer.

3. AlexSochi

AlexSochi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So you're saying even if they replace the speakers for same new ones I'll still have the problem because the speaker's hardware itself sh**y??
    If I got that right thats pretty messed up on behalf of dells part that half of the people have to suffer with bad quality, sure i can plug in my external speakers but when I take it out rarely I dont want to be laughed at for having a defected computer...

4. Snowkit82

Reputations:
    Do I REALLY need to leave my laptop plugged in for 12 hours to charge the battery the first time? Can I get away with 7 hours? See i brought it to work, it's plugged in, if I have to wait 12 hours I have to leave it at work.

???

D

5. AlexSochi

Reputations:
    turn it off, take it home and plug it back in. no big deal

6. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yepp. But are you if you are hearing screeching sound at 50% volume, you might have a defected pair of speakers. Screeching sound for me sets in at around 80% and more.

7. Snowkit82

Reputations:
    sweet, i thought interrupting the charge might screw it up....

Thanks!!

8. tennisfan20

tennisfan20 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The G210M apparently supports Hybrid SLI(http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-G-210M.17638.0.html).

So does that mean that we can run the 9400m in power saver mode just like with the 9500m? I only ask because my replacement SXPS 13(for m1330) just got delayed and they had to make a new order and gave me the G210m.

Any ideas?

9. AlexSochi

Reputations:
    Well for first 1 month of use I didnt have any speaker problems before I was playing music at 100% volume. So the speakers couldnt be defective they're just very bad quality and break fast I guess :(

It supports SLI only if another chip is present to which to... But your only going to get one chip 210m so you will not have sli option... Just like me I have 9400mg which also supports sli, but im not running with duo setup like 9500Mge so I dont have sli settings.
    Still Go for the 210m its the best that xps13 has to offer for now! Even tho its a single card it promises better battery life! Let us know how well it works :)

10. eesteem

eesteem Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

I use Windows 7 x64 with my XPS 1340. I want to use Bluetooth, but I wasn't able to use it. Bluetooth light is ON. What is the problem?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.