->The official POST ABOUT YOUR NEW DELL NOTEBOOK thread. <-

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Metamorphical, Aug 28, 2006.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    heads up for anyone wanting the inspiron 11 3000 series. You cannot upgrade the ram. It is soldered to the board. The hard drive can be upgraded however. It still chugs along quite nicely however. Once I get the firecuda installed in it, even more so!

2. MLO

MLO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Received my 7567 last week. It was short a power supply. Normally I would refuse delivery but I'm in a time crunch and I figured I could get the power supply faster than a replacement computer.
    Received $50 in dell bucks as compensation for the inconvenience, it's not a huge amount considering I spent $2200 on the computer.

Was able to limp along with a 65W power supply to keep the computer charged up to surf with and install a few things.

The corners on this computer are sharp which tends to dig into my wrists.

Opened it up, installed a crucial MX300 1TB SSD, noticed it has 1 slot free for ram, which hopefully will be an option for me soon.

Have a windows 10 pro key through school so I upgraded to that from the included 10 home. I don't believe it had to download much so that was a bonus.

sometimes the thing seems laggy, will have to track that down. probably a dell service

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    same with my 15 5000 MLO. sometimes it lags...not often but every now and then....I have an SSHD and 16gb of ram in mine. let me know what you find causing it.

4. MLO

MLO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I disabled a couple things in the startup config, seems to be a bit better now

5. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What did you disable? Like I said, It seems to be more of an edge issue than OS issue...but worth a shot.

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got it done on my wife's 11 3000....WHAT A DIFFERENCE....this machine is so snappy and fast now! my 13 5000 the same way! thanks for reminding me...I also installed memu on both for apps we cannot get on windows 10.

7. MLO

MLO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't remember off hand but I looked for stuff that wasn't required, if i didn't recognize it I googled it. also use opera for a browser.

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wont use any other browser other than edge. It's the best...

9. MLO

MLO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Your mileage may vary with that.

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nah...works great for me. The only issue is some things will not work in edge that work in chrome...so I just use chrome when I have to.