The OFFICIAL Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook Thread!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusty503

rusty503 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Go into BIOS and DISABLE the GPS. Boot as normal and find and install the GPS patch. I don't remember the specifics on the file right now but a search here should find it. If you look at the drivers, you should find something referring to it. After installing the patch you can go into BIOS and enable the GPS again. Your problem will be solved.

2. tstahl364

tstahl364 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you Rusty, not only for your advice but for your service to our country. I could go on... Summary: Proud of what you do to keep our families in freedom!

I disabled the GPS and it's working fine. Still looking for the GPS Patch. All I found so far are kits and a specific GPS CF-29 Surgery Tutorial. Will keep looking.

Thank you!!!

3. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
  4. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Yeah... That's the GPS that needs to be disabled, install patch and then reboot into BIOS to enable the GPS in the BIOS again.

You won't get the jumpy cursor with non-GPS models.

Also... If you start seeing more of these... You may want to invest in a set of recovery disks as they load in 25 minutes, tops, and load all drivers for you... All you need to do is to update and install your porgrams... No bloatware like other manufacturers.

BTW.... When you install the GPS patch... It will extract to C:\Util2\GPS or C:\Util2\Drivers\GPS... You will need to go into the file and click on the registry entry to install it.

5. tstahl364

tstahl364 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks all! This morning I had a very satisfied customer take his CF-29 home running like it came right out of the box. This in many ways was made possible by your help and the other posts I found on this thread. I've repaired a lot of machines, but never saw a job anywhere near the likes of this one. I now have a better understanding of Toughbooks; very different from standard consumer Laptops! The Fire Fighter who owned this one will be referring his co-workers to me. These guys are on the wildfire response unit and all have Toughbooks. It'll be interesting to see what challenges are in store for me. I plan to be an avid user of this thread, even between jobs. Thank you all again!

6. NTTD

NTTD Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Welcome! Good to have you.

7. tstahl364

tstahl364 Newbie

Reputations:
    A Job well done has it's payoffs. Client was so satisfied with my work, he picked up two CF-29CWKGZDM's from a Phoenix Police Auction yesterday. I had them both completely built with XP, DVD ROM's, 40 & 60GB HDD's respectfully and all components working fast and accurately without issues that I couldn't handle; including all licensed applications requested. Had 'em both built and showed them off with Movies running on each. Took about 8 hours for both builds combined (only have one charger for now). Guess it's time to put together Gold Disks for basic builds and find a resource for bulk QTY drive Caddies...

I guess this is simply another thank you to my new friends at The OFFICIAL Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook Thread! Couldn't have pushed these out without all your help. I hope to be a contributing resource to this page. It is now among my startup pages each day...

8. Toughbook

Reputations:
    We are all here to help.... Glad you were able to take something away and look forward to you posting what you have learned or could teach us! ;)

9. kopcicle

kopcicle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess I'll have to post a VirtualBox how to soon :-/ (I've been slackin Rick sry )
    teach what you learn are the watch words here . d's Site - VirtualBox && d's Site - VirtualBox 3.2.2 && FreeBSD 8.0 RELEASE guest screen resolution

in the xorg.conf example I was using an HP 22" monitor so for the toughbooks that would be 1024x768 instead of the 1600x1200
    other than that this is and has been version 3.2.2 r62298 Virtual box and ubuntu 9.04 desktop details to follow .

I know this has been asked before but being a dummy when it comes to searching these forums I have to ask , will the emmissive kybd work on my toughbook ?

~kop

back to getting RHEL to play nice in VM cyas

10. Toughbook

Reputations:
    The Emissive type keyboard (Built for the CF-29/30) will work with your CF-29...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.