The OFFICIAL Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook Thread!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driller

Driller Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thanks sages for the ages, do you remember Kramer when he was on comedy on friday nite , a bit of time ago,called Fridays, I believe it was, he was a "twisted" chiropractor, thus the phrase that keeps recurring in my life and work, PAIN !,,,, IS GOOOOOOD!, followed your advice works perfect, saved myself about 150.00 bucks this way, maybe I can find some more of them replicators to extend my plans for the office. I'm up to 3 mk3's and 2 mk5's and a mk4 en route that I'll be modding soon, again many thanks....Driller

2. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Well you could start here Panasonic Desktop Port Replicator CF-VEB272A2W - eBay (item 300429574763 end time Jun-19-10 10:12:57 PDT)
    $40.00 shipped.....or best offer .:D

3. Driller

Reputations:
    thanks for the heads up, they be gone now! checked last night and they weren't there, but I see the light, in more ways than one.....Driller

4. Driller

Reputations:
    just picked up cf-29L3LGWBM did some reading up on gps on stickies. down loaded visualgps software as suggested in reading. went into bios set the bios to auto got to com port 3 rebooted machine and BAM! it works! in western nc near boone at about 3500 feet elevation getting up to five sat readings! don't know much about this thing yet other than my experience with garmin products but am looking forward to getting more knowledgable about this feature on this unit. so far I've been impressed to say the least and I know that aftermarket products discussed here are more advanced than what aparently came fron the factory but I really can't complain. any sugesstions on other software available that may make this thing like the garmin type products(of course garmin ,delorme,MS streets and maps, winfast, more along line of freeware or power for the least cash) like the rest of you, I've purchased a lot of garmin products and p*** on their liscensing , it's almost cheaper to buy a new unit. kinda like washington, if it ain't broke lets rewrite the laws,reinterpret them, and chicago it, do it my way.... Driller

5. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    CF-29L3LGWBM Description:
    ***Barkersfield PD ONLY***
    Intel Pentium M 778 1.6GHzLV (Centrino), 13.3" NON Touch XGA, 256MB, 60GB, Intel 802.11a+b+g, WIN XP SP2, Wireless Ready, GPS , No Drive

1) Another retired-PD Toughbook (like my own CF-29EWPNZBM); and,
    2) Another candidate for the "Everyone told me not to do it!" 2GB memory upgrade. :yes:

NICE machine! :notworthy:

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find this?

I WANT ONE TOO!!! :spinny:

6. Driller

Reputations:
    quality_team_auctions, off of ebay. answered my questions, good deal, check 'em out, I'd do business with them again, don't quite know much about the PM stuff yet, but give me pointers, Driller

7. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info: I'll check them out.
    Just "click" on the blue name of the member you want to PM, then select "Send a private message to (name)" selection from the "drop-down" box, and then PM away! :)

8. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Recovery disks generally DO NOT work on these units... "Model Not Supported"... But now that we can go in and change the model number.... We may be able to load with a model number change in the BIOS.

9. Azrial

Azrial Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I must have missed this, I have been very busy lately. Where are the details? :D

10. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.