The OFFICIAL Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook Thread!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toughbook-CF-29HTM50

Toughbook-CF-29HTM50 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thats what i though but I figured what the heck it was worth a try just driving me nuts having the 29 sitting there and not being able to use it!

2. Toughbook-CF-29HTM50

Reputations:
    Ordered my cd-rom drive last night should be here tomorrow or wednsday. Found a nice internal 20 channel gps kit for $159 that will be next on the list.

3. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    The CD Roms are out of sight price-wise these days... I should have bought ALL the ones that guy had for $23 each! Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20....

4. Toughbook-CF-29HTM50

Reputations:
    Yeah no kidding, i just had to pay $65 for one shipped.

5. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I do believe that was only about 6 months too. I bought 3 from that seller for $79.00 shipped. :D

6. Toughbook-CF-29HTM50

Reputations:
    Ahhh finally got the 29 up and running touchscreen works wonderfully, Took a couple frustrating days of fighting with drivers and OS disks but I almost have everything installed. 1 question I have is I need a new WM cover and one of the black plastic caps on the top of lid of the lcd case, where the antenna is one of the little skinny black plastic peices is broken, what would these parts run price wise from heartland?

7. kevin13

kevin13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Toughbook-CF-29HTM50: Did you have already have a copy of XP for the CF-29? I'm asking because I also picked up a SBC with the Edge PC card GC83 and have been stalled trying to buy a genuine copy XP with a product key that will load. TopCop and the other guys here have already been very helpful on the forum. So, did you have any problems loading a XP home, or XP professional version into one of these SBC unit from Deal Train?? Appreciate the info.

8. TopCop1988

TopCop1988 Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Don't jack around with loading XP Pro, then all the Toughbook-necessary drivers. Just spend your money well: :)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Recovery CD - Restore CD
    Model Number CF-29 MK3-XP2M-TSW

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panasonic-Toughbook-CF-29-Recovery-CD-Restore-CD_W0QQitemZ170468743734

All you will need then is:

AT&T Communication Manager 7.2 for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems
    http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/en_US/download/acm-7.2.032-install.exe

9. kevin13

kevin13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK TopCop, I like the way you cut to chase :>) Thanks again!

10. Toughbook-CF-29HTM50

Reputations:
    Kevin, I already had a copy of XP professional that I used, it gave me fits because it was an upgrade copy and not full retail so I had to find one of my old win 98 cds to get it running, ended up just formatting the hard drive installing WIN 98 and then upgrading to Windows XP Pro. I had all of the drivers downloaded it is not that hard if you go to one of the links on here for the drivers, the main drivers you have to install is the Touchscreen driver if you bought a touchscreen model, the video drivers, the wifi drivers, and the modem drivers. On a side note I have a unknown device coming up on the device manager, and can't figure out what it is does anybody know what device on the 29's comes up as unknown in the device manager on XP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.