***The Official NEW 2019 MSI GT75 TITAN Owner’s Lounge, Intel Core i9, NVIDIA RTX 2080***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 14, 2019.

1. AirTortoise

AirTortoise Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It uses the B173HAN03.2

JeanLegi likes this.
  2. JeanLegi

JeanLegi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you mate

3. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So did this thread just stop? Any updates on the inverse ghosting? Is is a driver issue or a panel issue?

4. AirTortoise

Reputations:
    Nvidia claims panel settings, not driver. It’s being caused by aggressive overdrive settings trying to combat normal ghosting and then overshooting the intended color value.

On a decent external monitor you’d have the ability to adjust the overdrive settings to balance out the ghosting and overshoot, but we’re stuck with the manufacturers settings here.

Honestly it’s not terrible in most games if you leave Gsync off. I’d notice in game with lots of color the most, as it would stick out. With Gsync on, it depended how low the frame rate was. Below 100hz it was clear it was happening.

5. nader_rizk2003

nader_rizk2003 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Red skin applied + third picture is Data speed with 2x intel 760p 2TB and 1x samsung 970 evo 2TB in raid
    Last picture is 2x intel 760p 2TB and 2x 970 evo 2TB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ghost 350

Reputations:
    What's the point of having Gsync if you leave it off? Not to mention most games won't be running above 100fps anyways so you will notice that inverse ghosting 90% of the time. Can't believe MSI allowed this to happen. I thought their quality control was getting better. They had an amazing panel with their 120hz GT73's/GT75's.

7. Ghost 350

Reputations:
    Fire up a game and post a video. See if you have any inverse ghosting.

nader_rizk2003 likes this.
  8. nader_rizk2003

nader_rizk2003 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe I have this issue but I don’t notice it. Which game that you see the ghosting very obvious? To test it

9. AirTortoise

Reputations:
    Which panel do you have? Is it the AUO 144hz? I was told this was the only 144hz being used on the 2019 GT75 unlike the GE75 with can come with the AUO(overshoot) or the chimei(no overshoot).

To replicate, here’s where I could see it right away to test. Turn on the Gsync indicator overlay to make sure it’s actually on since Gsync has been wonky with the latest drivers to enable.

Load up a game with lots of background scenery that you can limit to 60fps.
    Move the camera around and look at the objects in the background, if you have it you’ll notice a shadow trailing those objects that’s the inverse color of the object.

Games I used to quickly test the replacement panels I received:

Assassins creed odyssey - fast travel to Athens, at daytime look at the ornaments at the top of the temple in front of you and move the camera, there is a black shadow trailing them. At night look at all the fires in the distance. Shadows trail all of them.

The Division 2 - go near the Washington monument, watch it’s edge when you move the camera, should see a shadow.

Sekiro - Any rocks in the scenery should show the trailing shadow.

10. AU4U

AU4U Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All you need now is the KB cover to prevent all the crap from mucking up the switches.
    I put one on after having to air blast potato chips, cookie crumbs and other assorted snacks out from under my keys.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lap...44-411e-b2f7-a1f7afe2e3d4&transAbTest=ae803_4

nader_rizk2003 likes this.