***The Official NEW 2019 MSI GT75 TITAN Owner’s Lounge, Intel Core i9, NVIDIA RTX 2080***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What happened to your GT73VR exactly? They usually don't just up and die...

Rengsey R. H. Jr. likes this.
  2. AirTortoise

AirTortoise Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    One of the m.2 slots stopped working. My OS installation was on RAID0 on the first two slots.

Well I can confirm now that the inverse ghosting shows up outside of G-Sync, its just less noticeable with the higher refresh rate. My brother in law pointed it and I can see it now on blurbusters.

https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-overdrive-artifacts/

We went to Microcenter and tested a few machines. It's definitely on the GE75 144hz as well. At this point, I'm debating either going to the 4k screen or just giving up and getting a couple of decent external monitors for the two locations I'm primarily at.

3. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Did the GE75 you tested have the AUO panel or Chimei panel? They are both IPS 144hz afaik so MSI might be using both depending on what they have on hand. You might ask HID if they can get MSI to swap the AUO for the Chimei if it doesn't have that ghosting / overdrive issue.

BTW, are you planning on selling the dead GT73VR?

AirTortoise likes this.
  4. AirTortoise

AirTortoise Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Not really sure on the GE75, it was the unit out on display. Good question though, I'll shoot an e-mail to HID and see if that's something that can be done.

I'm going to keep the GT73VR for the foreseeable future, as it will work as long as I don't use that middle m.2 slot and I might need it as a backup if I have to send this in for a panel swap. (Hopefully they could just send me one and I could do it myself, looks like it wouldn't be any harder than the GT73VR). Might be worth a shot to see if the Chimei 120hz in my GT73VR would work in this.

5. win32asmguy

Reputations:
    Oh that is a great idea. The panel swap should be pretty easy and in theory it would be compatible other than GSync support possibly.

I really wish I could find a used MSI GTX 1080 (pulled from a GT73 / GT75) to try in my WT75.

raz8020 likes this.
  6. dzpliu

dzpliu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    there is one on ebay, but not cheap obviously.

7. RBraz

RBraz Newbie

Reputations:
    this topic is kinda dead... anyone else caring to share experiences? im thinking about buying the rtx 2070 one.

8. AndreasVFX

AndreasVFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, very exciting machine.
    A couple of questions.
    1) Is there any way of upgrading the previous laptop with 1080 GTX card? Or a trade in etc. Just bought this machine a few month ago, but would really like the 2080 RTX.

2). More tricky question. Anyone has a clue if a 3.8TB M.2 NVMe disk is supported by the motherboard. I saw that Samsung just released this one:
    https://www.scan.co.uk/products/384...x-mlc-v-nand-3000mb-s-read-1400mb-s-write-480
    I guess in theory you could then (if you can afford it) have
    3x3.8TB
    2x2TB (the Intel SSD)
    1x4TB. Maybe even 8TB 2.5" disk.
    In total this would be around 20TB in a laptop (!).

Ultra Male likes this.
  9. win32asmguy

Reputations:
    1) Upgrades are not possible. The RTX 2080 MXM card uses a different physical format which is not compatible.

2) The PM983 drive should work. In theory the only thing that may not work would be boot support if the NVMe bios module didn't support it.

10. dzpliu

dzpliu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GT76 from reliable sources rumored to be LGA1151+20XXBGA GPU and also a LGA+20XX MXM version of GT63(just like 16L1). Coming in June probably.

raz8020, Papusan and win32asmguy like this.