***The Official MSI GT83VR Titan SLI Owner's Lounge (NVIDIA GTX-1080's)***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 13, 2016.

1. hedehede81

hedehede81 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    guys, I need to change the LCD, does anyone know how to do it easily? Would it be enough to remove front bezel, remove screws, take out the LCD, remove flex cable from its back and simply install the new LCD? Or would it require extensive disassembly of the chassis etc?

2. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If I recall right you basically gotta pull the full thing apart, I was in there trying to replace my network card and wasnt able to do so unless I pulled the whole thing open.

3. Kaloyan

Kaloyan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am also considering changing the LCD of my GT83VR 6RE, but I am not sure which LCD model to look for. Obviously, I got this information from the OP, and I confirmed that my monitor ID is the same indeed (Samsung 184HL (Dell: XJY7J), Monitor ID: SDC4C48), but there seem to be two similar models: https://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=21285,38350. The only difference is that the M01 has 'hard coating (3H)' and 'antiglare (haze 25%)' instead of 1%. I guess this is the one that I need (its ID is also exactly the same—SDC4C48, but the other screen doesn't have an ID, so I am not sure if they share the same one or not).

Edit: Both are listed as 'matte', so this doesn't help me.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  4. Kaloyan

Kaloyan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It has been confirmed that the right model is LTM184HL01-M01 (https://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=38350) indeed. Special thanks to @sportsurgeon.