***The Official MSI GT83VR Titan SLI Owner's Lounge (NVIDIA GTX-1080's)***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 13, 2016.

1. johnnobts

johnnobts Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    wanted to toss out that I have a Eurocom 780W adapter with the MSI plug if anybody is intersetd in a purchase:)

NuclearLizard and DaMafiaGamer like this.
  2. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    a little bit yea.

3. yarema

yarema Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all! Should i switch off sli if i didnt play super demanding titles to prolong life of gpu , or it doesnt matter sli or nonsli?
    Did constant switch-on sli shortnen lifespan of gpus?

4. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The card is physically powered whenever it's in the slot. If you're not going to have sli enabled you may as well remove and store it as a backup to preserve its life.

Thermal pads drying out and shrinking is the main danger to watch for. Core paste dying causes high temp readings and fans to go nuts which is noticeable. While they have a higher short term tolerance to temperature than silicon, heating FETs in vrms is a positive feedback loop and they can cook silently without symptoms right up to when they kaboom.

Falkentyne likes this.
  5. yarema

Reputations:
    Hi again! what is the name of this microscheme? I know that it is not a part of a motherboard. I want to replace mine but i need to know what is name and does one from gt 80 fit for gt 83

Is this all in one panel or is this 2 separate? Thanks in advance! Screenshot_1.png

6. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why do you want to replace it?
    If its a broken USB or audio jack, those can be replaced, if you know how to solder, or know someone that does.
    But you still need to find the exact USB ports used, or the jack ports, so yeah, might be easier to replace the sub-board, I cant find much info on the internet, might be easier to take your laptop apart and see what is the part number to search for.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you are replacing the same type of connector then it's fine, but you can't really replace the logic board with something else as that may not be of the same design, isn't it?

8. yarema

Reputations:
    Please just tell me how this microschemes named>=? Its USB port? Or Minijack port? WHAT is name of the part which consist of this jacks and USB ??? Sub board? or how?

9. yarema

Reputations:
    SO it calls logic board or sub board? What is the name of it? not of the jack itself! Of the stuff which contain all this (usb and jack)

10. yarema

Reputations:
    i need to buy this whole microscheme but i dont know its whole name