***The Official MSI GT83VR Titan SLI Owner's Lounge (NVIDIA GTX-1080's)***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 13, 2016.

1. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne I’ll upload the vbioses shortly, thanks for the help bro :)

2. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Advanced menu provides a dropdown of only 2133, 2400 or auto. currently stuck on a custom profile @ 3200 cl16 @ 1.20v dram voltage because I can't load any xmp profiles greater than 2400mhz since xmp only loads at whatever maximum frequency I select(2400mhz being the highest option). xmp on auto tries to load the 4000mhz profile that is shown by default which doesn't load(as expected), IMC definitely can't handle that, at least not at 4 or 2 sticks.

Must get custom bios to load profiles up to 4000mhz. Pretty sure the max for this mobo is 3600 or 3733 since system agent geyserville menu shows options for lower point up to 1800/1867.

3. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    Ok bro, I would I have given you my bios but your chipset is different, hence you would most likely brick your machine, plus my gt83vr has been sold for a 8850h version with gtx 1080's :D

4. gt83vr6reHelp

Reputations:
    Ya our bios wouldn't be compatible. Are you able to actually select from a full range of frequencies for ram or are they gimping you with only a few?

5. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    It had the same set as options which you described but it allowed me to enter a manual overclock value too. I typed in 2800 and it saved it. Although my computer started, it crashed like crazy with following bluescreen errors like memory management, irql less or not equal etc. I don't o.c ram to be honest just the cpu and gpu.

6. gt83vr6reHelp

Reputations:
    Gotcha yeah ram needs a bit of tuning when manually overclocking. It's usually a tedious mission but once a nice stable overclock on the ram has been found the results are definitely felt during everyday use. I recommend jumping down the rabbit hole once you've found a stable oc on the cpu/gpu otherwise you are leaving serious performance gains on the table.

7. gt83vr6reHelp

Reputations:
  8. Azunai

Azunai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello again guys.

I need your opinion on getting an external monitor with Freesync for my GT83 7RF.
    Since there are more and more monitors compatiable with nvidia GPUs that have Freesync, I started to think about getting an external monitor for when I'm at home. My question is, just to be sure I won't waste my money, will it even make any difference if I plug a monitor via HDMI port?

Thanks in advance for answers

9. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not 100% sure but Afaik both ports go directly to the GPU. I haven't gotten to play around super much with freesync monitors since Nvidia started supporting them.

Let us know if you pull the trigger I'm sure all of us want to know how it works.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

10. gt83vr6reHelp

Reputations:
    HDMI is limited to 60hz refresh rate. If you were just going to do 60hz on your external monitor, then hdmi is fine. If you are looking to go higher than 60 hz refresh rate on the external monitor, then I would use the mDP or TB3 port since they offer more throughput. Also, the laptop display gains the ability to use g-sync compatible if your external monitor is also g-sync compatible and connected via mDP. I'm not sure why it works that way or how it works but its nice having g-sync.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.