***The Official MSI GT83VR Titan SLI Owner's Lounge (NVIDIA GTX-1080's)***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Cerreta28

Cerreta28 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just found an open box dual 1080 system with 1tb SSD and 64gb ram for 3200-10% off How much louder is the 1080 sli system over 1080 system and is it worth the extras 700?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not a whole lot louder I wouldn't think. I can still have a convo with it going full blast. I play with headphones though so I can't hear it. Lmao.

Also single 1080 system. Isn't that only on the 73/75.

If it is you also get a mechanical keyboard too.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  3. Cerreta28

Reputations:
    I had the dual 1070 running very quit but had the fans at 22% ish

hmscott and NuclearLizard like this.
  4. NuclearLizard

Reputations:
    Nice, the 1080's are a bit of a different beast if I recall from some of the convos I had with the 1070 users. They are a fair bit hotter and slightly louder. But when I ran mine next to another one I couldn't tell if it was a whole lot louder or not.

Which model do you have?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  5. Cerreta28

Reputations:
    I got the Newegg one 069 model .. I think 2850 is a good price for it ?

hmscott likes this.
  6. lilenday

lilenday Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I recently bought this beautiful beast with 1070s in them and 6820HK processor. I just received it few days ago and I first started noticing every application I opened the CPU usage was at 100% and it fluctuated like that even at idle. I decided to upgrade all my drivers, BIOS and EC the same issue prevailed. I decided to game on it anyways and within 15 minuts the laptop shut down by itself. The first 3 times trying to boot it up it would shut down after getting to the welcome screen. After the 4th try, it booted up to BIOS screen where it showed a "partition is being repaired". It was running well after that, no more CPU spikes and all the temps are in the OK zone. I let it idle for 2 hours then all of the sudden I hear the fans spin up to almost 100%. Checking in the task manager I saw "system" application took more than 50% of disk usage. Not long after that, it shut off on its own again. I got the "partition is being repaired" notification again. Now, every time I boot up my laptop, the CPU temp is extremely high. At idle, with CPU fans running almost at maximum speed I get 80C-94C. Without the Cooler boost enabled, it would shut down by itself. I tried resetting the laptop to factory settings without luck since I will always get the message "there was a problem resetting your pc". Please help!

Here's a video of my laptop sitting at idle right now:

7. NuclearLizard

Reputations:
    It sounds like there might be an issue with the windows install or your harddrives.

The only other thing i could think of would be in the MSI Dragon center there would be something called X-boost for usb and HDD. i would disable that because i know it can bumb your cpu and HDD usage to max synthetically to keep speeds up on them.

lilenday likes this.
  8. lilenday

lilenday Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the quick reply. I have already disabled the X boost for both USB and HDD in the clip above and the CPU temp was still high.

This laptop came with Windows 10 pre-installed. How can I do a fresh install since I've been getting the error message every time trying to reset it? Also, if its HDD problem, I should just check the SSD where the OS is installed on right? Since my 1TB hard drive doesnt have any files on it.

9. NuclearLizard

Reputations:
    No problem i try and help users when I'm around. :)

to do a fresh install first id direct you to making a back up image using MSI's software. It' should be easy just grab a 32gb usb and let it do its thing, then I would grab another one of 8Gb or 16gb I don't recall what windows needs, and then create a windows 10 installation media on the drive. Restart your computer and run through the instructions as per prompt. I think on these ones you can only install onto the NVME drives. i tried doing it to the 2.5 inch partition and it wouldn't see it or when it did work it wouldn't see the m.2 spec drives.

I think there are ways to "healthcheck" your SSD's with some software but i cant recall the program being used.

@hmscott hey dont mean to bug, if you got a spare moment to help that would be great.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM
    lilenday likes this.
  10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do a clean install of windows Pro or Enterprise (ISOs are the digitallife forums if you search for them), after finishing the install, download shutup 10 and disable all the crap there, and then, go back to these forums, and download the Intel Chipset drivers and your touchpad drivers, then test your system and report back.

NuclearLizard and lilenday like this.