***The Official MSI GT80 Titan Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Jenima

Jenima Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Win 10 has been causing various video related issues, even killing monitors by altering firmware data!

Do as Meaker said and dl a Win 8 install disk. I'm not sure how that will work if you don't have your Win 8 key but it may get rid of the stuttering. If not you will at least have eliminated the OS as the problem.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Either download a clean OS and spend the time to load drivers and utilities, or you can order the recovery discs from MSI directly which will get the job done with ease.

Swifta likes this.
  3. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Even you didn't create a backup USB after Windows 10 upgrade you can still try to look for MSI Burn Recovery Program that was installed on Windows 8.1. So if you can prepare a 32GB USB flash drive and launch the program you should be able to create the factory image if the partition wasn't wiped out.

He doesn't need Win 8 key since Windows installation will read the digital product key embedded in the BIOS.

Swifta likes this.
  4. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you did not format the drives then you can use the factory recovery option. Turn the computer off then back on, as soon as you hit the power button start continually pressing F3 and it should get you into the console.

Swifta likes this.
  5. Swifta

Swifta Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did format the drives, but it's ok. I was able to create a media image on a usb stick for 8.1 64bit and then used the disk provided by msi to load all the drivers, so now i'm on 8.1 waiting for dirt rally to download and see if it fixed the issues. I did notice 8.1 to me more responsive and thing loaded much faster than 10.... So it looks go so far :) I'll update once i'm able to run a stage or 2 and see what it does. I didn't update any drivers and left them all exaclty as they came on the msi driver disk.

Edit: sli now smooth as a baby's bottom :) Windows 10 was the culprit! Save yourself the headache and stay with 8.1 for now.... I'm saying this from very clearly detailed posts on the problems I had in SLI with 10... Thank you all for your help and consideration :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    GenTechPC, hmscott and GTVEVO like this.
  6. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Glad you got it figured out!

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Win10 is gonna need a lot of time to shape up.
    1. Microsoft
    2. MSI & component manufacturers

hmscott likes this.
  8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nvidia did release some SLI based hotfix drivers, but for a lot of people waiting is a good idea.

9. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations: