--->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<---

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James5

James5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cheers so my 3.0e bios must allow over the 1333Mhz then

2. Rescue9

Rescue9 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Forgive me if this has already been asked. I'm currently re-reading the entire thread looking for various pieces of useful information to bookmark and review when my GT780DXR-446US GTX570M actually does come in, sometime next week as Ken has mentioned... (Hurry up man! I'm jonesing for a fix here :p ). However, after 2 days reading, I'm still only up to page 150.

I've purchased and asked my reseller, GenTechPC, to upgrade my machine to Windows 7 Professional 64. I not only wanted a genuine windows DVD, but also wanted some functionality for my business that was in Pro. When looking at the pricing on GenTech, versus the rest of the net, it looks like I'm buying a full retail, not an upgrade, version of 7 Pro (which I'd expect). Because of this, I'm actually buying 2 versions of windows... correct; the bundled version & the upgrade.

Anyway... my question is this; if GenTech repartitions, formats, and reinstalls the upgraded windows copy, will I lose the restore partition completely, or will I still be able to make a backup copy of that as well in case I sell the laptop at a later date?

3. Decapitated Chicken

Decapitated Chicken Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Would you mind just running furmark on the default settings and telling me what the average framerate is? I'm just curious what kinda performance boost your voltage increase is getting you and furmark can be used as a rudimentary sort of benchmark.

4. stigern

stigern Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi, i have tried to search on google for an answer on thsi but i havent found anyone :(

is it normal that when i change to batterypower, the gfx card is not changing to the intel gfx card.

should it go over to the onboard intel card? or isnt that a feature in the gt780dx?

5. James5

Reputations:
    No optimus so it will be staying on the GTX all the time,

6. James5

Reputations:

I will get hold of a copy of furmark and do that:D And do you mean the modified bios default setting's or the original laptop default setting's? sorry for sounding stupid :)

7. Decapitated Chicken

Reputations:
    You can download it here. Thanks.

And I mean the overclocked and overvolted settings.

I actually own the barebone of the 780 and (well I actually fried my 570m and it's still being fixed or replaced by MSI) and was wondering how much performance boost I could expect from overvolting. I was (am) running at 720/1440/1750. I got at high as 775 MHz on the default voltage. But doing that was highly unstable so I never gamed over 730 MHz.

I'm also curious, you said that you upped the voltage to 0.9 v. Was that the "3D Vcore" value or the "Max Vcore" value?

8. James5

Reputations:

I will have a play tonight when i finish work, this is what I used to modify the GPU bios
    http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=148273.0

9. Decapitated Chicken

Reputations:
    I know you used Svet's tool. But which number did you change?

10. scyferx16

scyferx16 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is it possible to have the HDMI port replaced without breaking the warranty AND without RMAing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.