--->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<---

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudfire

Cloudfire (Really odd person)

Reputations:
    Ken Lee and Gentech is on a roll. Your video of the DXR playing BF3 is featured on MSI official facebook page. Nice :)

Facebook MSI Computer US

2. -=$tR|k3r=-

-=$tR|k3r=- Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Before you setup the Raid array format all visible partitions and then delete all the partitions on both drives by going through the Windows 7 installation process on each drive as far as the add driver/disk options screen.

When finished there should be only 1 partition on each drive and the partition size should be the same on both drives.

Use the disk options in the Windows 7 Insallation setup to format and delete the partitions if they are not brand new drives.It's on the screen before the installation files extract and install.

After this has been done change the bios from AHCI to Raid and accept changes and exit bios.

Now you will need Windows 7 on a USB stick or DVD and the Intel RST driver/software on a 2nd USB stick.

The Intel RST you can download from station-drivers will be Zipped.Unzip and open the folder until you find a 64 bit folder .Put this folder on the USB stick.

Ok,now with your Windows 7 installation disk in the notebook bootup and choose to boot from the USB or DVD Windows 7 disk.

A screen will become available to access the Raid Setup.I believe you press CTRL + I .Here you will choose the type of Raid and the drives for the array.After you exit the Raid setup you will again get to the add driver screen of the Windows 7 installation.

The USB stick with the 64bit folder on it should be incerted and the driver installation should browse to the 64bit folder on the 2nd USB stick.

After the RST driver is installed continue with the Windows 7 installation.

The 1st time the installation reboots remove both USB sticks to prevent the installation from starting from the beginng after reboot.

When Windows 7 has finished installing install the Intel chipset installation software.

The RST 64bit zip file and Intel Chipset Installation Software can be downloaded from station-drivers.

WHQL RST v10.6.2.1001
    intel drivers pour Raid/Sata/Ata/Ahci

WHQL Chipset Installation Software v9.2.3.1022
    intel drivers pour chipsets

BTW,I used to have raid arrays all the time but these days I much prefer a SATA 3 SSD as my primary boot drive.

4. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up. :)

Just tested the GTX570M 3GB version with stock driver and 285.62.

system setup:

Gt780DXR-446US
    - GTX570M 3GB GDDR5
    - i7-2670QM
    - 16GB DDR3 1333
    - TED on
    - Turbo fan off

Attached Files:

5. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    is it necessary to do all that stuff? Sounds complicated @.@ i just Ctrl+I in the bios boot screen to get into the raid setup page to create or delete a raid config.

6. ConvictedCookie

ConvictedCookie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This might be a really stupid question and out off topic but can you upgrade the GPU to a Radeon 6990 or GTX 580?

7. lonelywolf90

lonelywolf90 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Decidion

Decidion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't have a THX icon in the tray and nothing in the start menu or all programs shows up. I'll contact my reseller....I had them do a clean install. Perhaps they forgot to install that.

9. ConvictedCookie

ConvictedCookie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Than You for the info, know I am interested in this laptop.

10. DreamwalkerL

DreamwalkerL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For other models of MSI such as my sister's EX628, you need to turn on Cinema Pro for the sub to work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.