--->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<---

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micax

micax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Man, you still helped a lot! )
    Before everything got broken - I flashed modded MB bios to OC memory... got not much luck w OC, but decided to leave this bios in.. Notebook worked for a while however strange freezes appeared... till no POST.. However I thought it was faulty GPU again.. So I ordered M6000 with no luck as you know. So I thought If I re-flash MB to old Bios - it might work again.
    Recently I de-soldered Bios chip (as it could not be flashed as GPU bios on-board) and re-flashed it with .bin I get from msi.com - with no luck. I did not mess with EC firmware yet, as my soldering iron got broken.

Moreover I do not have genuine BIOS of new MB - because it was H10 with no RAID And I re-flashed it with MSI H30 from official website )
    I did flash Your Bios 880 GPU freq. - it`s pretty good! ) If I ever have time to check stability I will try to go for higher freq if my card can do it.

MS17611 v1.1 BIOS and EC chips partnumbers:
    pmc 25L0512 - EC
    winbond 25q32BV - bios

James D likes this.
  2. amidsal

amidsal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is this information REALLY correct? Right now I'm trying E310406580Y31 (stock) for my GTX 675M but the heatsink doesn't fit the board correctly. In one of his posts, majster says that E310406580Y31 is the best for 675M. So which one is really correct?

Also, which thickness should have the thermal pads? I've been trying the 2mm thermal grizzly but it feels a bit to thick, even with people saying that it should be ok.

3. Kazamario

Kazamario Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Greetings,

SCM issues - Win 10 64bit. ?Yes, I searched the forum first, didn't find a good resolution to the SCM issue. I have a GT780R and I can't find the win 8.1 version of the SCM that is suggested. Alternatively, is there a Win 10 version that will work properly without crashing, or forcing my BT light back on after I shut it off? I've been fighting with SCM for at least two years :(

Thanks ahead of time for any input/links/suggestions.

4. majster msi

majster msi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You need this one for gtx 670m/675m (it is easy to recognize because it has not square cooper die) :
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OE...714432?hash=item2865268280:g:R74AAOSwwAdbC4df
    For gtx 675mx/670mx/680m/770m/780m it is different.

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You should not as it is fragile and and break easily. Use compressed air to clean through the gaps, and you can use wipe with water to gently go through the gaps as well.

6. amidsal

amidsal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For those who asked (couple months ago), here is the ebay link for the modded heatsink (E3104065080Y3) being sold.

http://ebay.us/HCsW5s

7. Kazamario

Kazamario Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good Evening,

My baby is still going strong after 8 years (GT780R), trying to iron out an issue, and I did search a bit but didn't get any hits.

I have a new aftermarket battery that says it's 95% charged, but when I disconnect from AC power, it shuts off in < 2 min.

I've checked the connection from the battery to the laptop and the battery is in all the way, contacts look good, and not damaged or bent on the battery or on the lappy.

I have not run battery calibration, nor have I reset the battery. I have a PWR charger as well and have had 1 other new battery do the same thing as described above.

Wanted to grab some suggestions before ordering MSI charger & battery.

If this has been addressed previously, please link me and I can go from there.

Respectfully,

- Kaz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.