--->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<---

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jun 9, 2011.

1. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    For google searches and other people who look for GPU for MSI GT783.
    I had 2 M6000 and they both had these same numbers:
    vBIOS v: 015.022.000.005.000000
    Bar Code: 89T386-379005 OOA ECS
    QR (1st raw): CN-O53Y5X-75093
    Now, I don't know whether both Dell and HP GPUs will work but working BIOS for me was:
    Vendor ID 1028 (Dell) , Subsys ID 053F, Device ID 1002-6825 Part Number 113-C42502A1-X21

2. raalph321

raalph321 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok I have some small info. Bez tytułu.jpg

On my gt780dx and overclocked m6000 I had about average 3150 points on firestrike. Somehow later it showed about 3300+points each time I ran it. Didnt know how I did it and what exactly I changed. Was playing with my win10x64 and score went back again on 3150. Didnt know again what made this change. So i reinstalled system, installed all missing drivers. Didnt install chipset driver. Still 3150. Ok installed XTU-Setup_3.2.0.24 made some cpu OC. Restart and still about 3150. Updated XTU to version 5.2.0.14 and YES score improved to about 3300+ points. Everything on amd 18.3.4. Now each time is 3300+. Didnt uninstall old xtu just updated it. This is about 5% improvement for free. If someone has free time can check if this is also working in other msi gt780dx laptops and maybe nvidia cards.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    》780dx and overclocked m6000 I had about average 3150 points on firestrike. Somehow later it became 3300.

3dmark score is pointless. Tell if that was graphics score or physics score (detailed result) which made the difference.

4. raalph321

raalph321 Newbie

Reputations:
    Physics score doesnt make any difference. I changed cpu, got 1000pts physics score more and firestrike was the same. Graphics score is higher now. It went up after updating XTU. I can go close to 3400pts if I set core clock close to 1030mhz.

James D likes this.
  5. Feanaro

Feanaro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Hi guys, I'm back again. So, I got the same m6000 as lvl1989 and it didn't post :( It's just so demotivating. Now I'm back again trying to find some other solution. I'll give it one last try.

6. micax

micax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys! just received my ch341 programmer today - flashed GPU with overclocked bios from James - with no luck - still no POST.
    attached is my copy of bios from GPU.
    Can anybody with working m6000 confirm that this is correct bios?

it seems like either I got DOA m6000 or smth with MB. Does anybody knows where is MB bios chip located? I wanna try to backup/reflash it too... just in case...
    however I do not belive anymore that I can restore this notebook:(

Attached Files:

7. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    backuped vbios is similar to my original (everything the same) but checksum is different. 21st byte is different for example.
    I can try backing up content of my BIOS chip on motherboard an share it, maybe that would work. But in few days. Maybe this will help, who knows.
    As for now, try again flashing original from attachement and doublecheck it flashed properly.

Attached Files:

micax likes this.
  8. micax

micax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    flashed your genuine bios. then read->save - compared CRC - same.

installed GPU to laptop - still no POST (

If you can provide contents of MB bios - that will be great!
    Thank you for your help!

James D likes this.
  9. Feanaro

Feanaro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, i`m having another problem with my laptop. The issue is: the "fn" key seems to be "floating", most times it is "on" and sometimes it is "off".

I don't know exactly when it started. I`m thinking it has to do with some previous win10 update. I have tried many solutions found on internet, but to no avail.

Have any of you had that? Is there an easy solution to it?

10. ac007

ac007 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have the GT780DX (MS-1761) and will be receiving the 980m 8GB official MSI card in a few days. I have some questions..

I understand that it is plug and play, but I already have the i7-2960XM CPU installed which has a TDP of 55w. The 980m draws 125w and the adapter that I have an 180W MSI adapter. That puts me at capacity for my current adapter and I know that there is a 230W version that was made for the GT72 - is this the better option?

Also, based on what I have read here in the forums I don't think that I will need to upgrade my BIOS, but I will update this post later tonight with the exact version that I am currently on. I believe that vBIOS should be fine given that it is an MSI card.

It's been awhile with scattered information since someone had a 980m to test on this model, if we can keep the conversation going I would be happy to answer any questions about it!

Thanks guys