--->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<---

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @micax @Kevin@GenTechPC i Good point. My first ever laptop was the GT683r (whitebook) and it worked pretty well, but I blew it up by shorting something out, which is how I got my current laptop now. If you have someone with electrical experience who would examine the traces and determine what died, someone may be able to solder on a new part for you. But they would have to specialize in this field. And if you don't know someone in real life who can do this, it's going to cost you money. Quite a bit. And you should not sink money into old hardware. The only old hardware worth sinking money to is the good old Alienware Socketed LGA Ranger laptop, since these laptops can be modded to take Pascal cards, and run better than any current Alienware BGAbooks.

The only person on this forum who is skilled enough to fix stuff like this is probably Khenglish and Meaker. And I don't know if Khenglish would be willing to do that for you. You could ask him but you'd probably have to pay him :) Repairing stuff is not easy work!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  2. micax

micax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unfortunately I have no more warranty, this laptop is about 4 years old.
    I do agree with both of you guys! Unfortunately I`m in Russia, and there are not that many qualified services outside Moscow. This Laptop already was "repaired" in two local services, both of them were sure that it`s graphics card fault only and as they don`t have parts neither card nor chip to re-ball, they did not finish repairing. Unfortunately I do not have any friends with needed equipment to check Motherboard, moreover in local repair shops I was told that for that particular motherboard PCB schemes are not available, so even they wont be able to check it. So If you know anybody in Russia who is able to repair, It will be helpful.. Currently I will try a way to check GPU on another notebook, if I`ll find one. And lastly I will try one or two more local repair shops including Msi official, because as far as i know, it take ages to get repair from them.

Does anybody knows if it is possible to check MB without known-to-be-good GPU?

3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I haven't read all of your posts, but have you tried, or has someone recommended, connecting an external monitor to your laptop? If it works on the external monitor, then your GPU is fine.

Ultra Male and James D like this.
  4. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @micax Agree with others, the best way is to test with a proofly working GPU from the same laptop.Where I live I have familiars who I helped with this (just texting with one, I tested for him and sold one of mine).
    Otherwise it's walking in blackness without tech equipment or knowledge or friends. You don't have another laptop to test GPU too, I assume?
    Is that GPU HP or Dell by the way? Both should be working if I recall correct but if you'd have USB programmer for 4$ you could have checked it and flashed with known working vBIOS for example.
    There are few good people from forum-ru.msi like Thor and others but you should be in their city.
    There is a guide about CH341A Programmer on that forum too by the way but you can buy it from China for cheaper if you are OK with waiting. Because you don't know if that gonna help.
    No, no way to test MSI GT783 without a working GPU. It's not GT70.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  5. micax

Reputations:
    In that message you linked Russian forum picture, can you please provide me a link to that thread?

I Already received a clip for soic-8 and CH341A is on it`s way from china. I`m going to check if bios reads backup it and will probably try your modified/overclocked bios, as it confirmed to work..
    If you know anyone in Krasnodar, Russia who can help me, that would be great!

I think chances that I received a bad-bios M6000 are pretty slim, but I`m still going to try to re-flash it.

6. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nope, sorry. It's from classified for sale of this card. There isn't much info needed more. Just modded heatsink (can give more photos), careful screwing and GPU itself. You already know about flashing vBIOS so you know what to do.

7. micax

Reputations:
    That would be great if you can provide more pictures!
    For now I`m just waiting for ch341 to arrive... will post after.
    Thank you!

8. raalph321

raalph321 Newbie

Reputations:
    micax reset bios settings in your laptop to default, pull out cable near the fan for a minute.

9. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  10. micax

Reputations:
    Thanks, but I tried it numbers of times ( no good. still no post.

Thank you it`s very helpful!
    radiator modded in the same way, no missteps..
    part number is exactly the same, serial numbers top right & middle left on the back of the card are different. (keep my fingers crossed that bios reflash will help). however 015.022.000.005.000000 (I assume bios) is same (