--->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<---

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jun 9, 2011.

1. lvl1989

lvl1989 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Will try now.

2. lvl1989

Reputations:
    ok. i didnt screw two of the screws in the proper way. on both number 1 and number four, i had to gently press the screwdriver down before turning.
    it seems to be holding perfectly now. my average temperature now is 35 celcius... Yes. 35 celsius.

When I ran The Sims 4 it stayed around 63 celsius and after i turned the extra cooler on, temps decreased to around 57 celsius. huge improvement.
    below is a temperature graph of the whole process.

sorry but thanks for the help again, James!

Inkedtemps_LI.jpg

3. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Here I upload modded vBIOS for moderate overclocking. Flashing can be done through Windows but higher risk as OS might be not 100% stable. DOS is always safer. Anyways it is easy to recover it if bad flash happens but you have to have CH341A programmer with clip for ~4$ total I guess (from China). I had Dell card too so it should work but if you want you can dump here yourth with GPU-z so I would check.

Attached Files:

4. lvl1989

Reputations:
    What do I need the vbios for? Is it safer? Do I need it? Im sort of a noob, sorry for the questions.

Thanks!

Also, after the driver is installed I cant adjust screen brightness anymore, did this happen to you?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  5. raalph321

raalph321 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok I succesfully installed AMD M6000 on gt780dx with help of James D tutorial and pictures. Used copper shim 15mmx15mmx0,8mm and didnt screw very tight number 4 hole. I ran firestrike and had max temp 56 celsius. This was with no bottom cover and with extra cooling pad on the bottom. Will run again firestrike this time with turbo fan on and see the difference.

So on turbo fan max temp was 51 celsius. Clocks are all default. Very happy with the temps and 3dmark score because its higher than my old gpu gtx 570m had.

Did some overclocking.

Max stable 24/7 for this card is 975mhz/1350mhz. You can go a bit higher but we dont want to burn this card next month :). This gave over 3100pts on firestrike with i7 2670qm. I am very happy with the card.

ps1. set voltage to 1.1v and now seems 1000/1350mhz to be stable for normal longterm usage. Firestrike went over 3200pts.
    ps.2 it seems 1000mhz core is too much in heavy gaming. Now i try 990mhz with 1.1v.

Dont go over 1000mhz in core and 1350mhz in memory.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    ac007 likes this.
  6. Guerbox

Guerbox Newbie

Reputations:
    Any one know what the resistance between the the positive and negative terminals of the dc jack pins on the motherboard should be?
    I'm after desoldering the the dc jack from the motherboard as smoke was coming out of the jack and want to check if there's a short on the motherboard.
    Getting around 10 ohms.

Power brick is giving a constant 19.6 volts and looks OK.

7. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I remember that guy who fixed shortage on motherboard nearby jack said it was too high and he wasn't sure it worked (it did though). I guess he said 2 digit figure like 10-12.
    But I might be wrong.

8. micax

micax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need your advice guys!
    my old gt 570 is dead. I replaced it with another used gt 570, and its dead too (or it`s smth else that looks like GPU death). I was checking this thread for a while and found out that m6000 is pretty ok price/performance.
    I recently received M6000 (blue one). Carefully moded heatsink, and screwed it not tight to avoid damage. However still no POST.
    What could it be? I`m pretty tired with this one as each replacement part order takes about a month. moreover... I already lost 200$ with replacements, and local repair attempts.
    Please advise.
    Thank you.

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Do you know if the motherboard is still good or not? Maybe it's not GPU? It's probably not worth it to have it repaired but if it's worth it for you then maybe have MSI do out of warranty inspection for you.

Falkentyne likes this.
  10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @micax @Kevin@GenTechPC i Good point. My first ever laptop was the GT683r (whitebook) and it worked pretty well, but I blew it up by shorting something out, which is how I got my current laptop now. If you have someone with electrical experience who would examine the traces and determine what died, someone may be able to solder on a new part for you. But they would have to specialize in this field. And if you don't know someone in real life who can do this, it's going to cost you money. Quite a bit. And you should not sink money into old hardware. The only old hardware worth sinking money to is the good old Alienware Socketed LGA Ranger laptop, since these laptops can be modded to take Pascal cards, and run better than any current Alienware BGAbooks.

The only person on this forum who is skilled enough to fix stuff like this is probably Khenglish and Meaker. And I don't know if Khenglish would be willing to do that for you. You could ask him but you'd probably have to pay him :) Repairing stuff is not easy work!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.