--->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<---

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Jun 9, 2011.

1. grinna

grinna Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [QUOTE = "James D, post: 10506303, member: 204774"] Escolha inteligente, provavelmente não funcionará devido à incompatibilidade de GPU. Quanto ao dissipador de calor ... [/ QUOTE]
    Muito obrigado pelo apoio e atenção, vou ver se consigo um compatível, um gtx580m será compatível com o gt780r, ou vou precisar de uma fonte mais poderosa

2. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    570M, 580m, 670m, 775m are not recommended due to old nature and high risk of breaking.

3. grinna

grinna Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you so much, I'll be researching

4. Forenoon2887

Forenoon2887 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any one know if the GT780DX back cover for the monitor fits the GT780DXR?
    They look the same, just different paint.

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

I've jumped to alienware 17 R4, so I've spare perfectly working (only touchpad changed to synaptics and still working average) gt 780 I5 (with optional wifi 7260 & samsung evo 840 and 16gb ram 2.6667Mhz) and BIOS tuning enabled.

PS.
    I'm from Poland if that matter;)

6. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Maybe one has lighting MSI logo and other doesn't but that is pure speculation. Those should be interchangeable.
    @Tarnak It's impossible to put 2666MHz RAM into GT780. Anyway, you can create a topic in specific marketshop lunge of forum.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  7. Tarnak

Tarnak Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks. Indeed I wrote wrong frequencies :)

8. Feanaro

Feanaro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi James! I`m back again after some time. I bought the m6000 on ebay and a week after that, my gtx570m suddenly came back to life. However, that was short lived, as it just died on me again.

Anyway, thank goodness I have the m6000 with me. I just want to make sure, is the heatsink modding is mandatoy? Is it easy to do? Can I use only 1mm thermal pads? I dont have an electricl dremel, I have only the tool below. Is it good enough?
    [​IMG]

Also, could you please explain what you meant here? I didn`t understand it very well.

Thanks again for your attention!

9. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I used this tool. But only used hands taking away 0.05 mm per try or like that. Without hitting with a hummer on it, just cutting white part of heatsink because aluminum is weak.
    I ment that you could put 1 pad on pad on pad on pad making it 4mm pad and use it where should have been heatsink contact. But I didn't do that and all was fine. Maybe because it's low-watt card.
    0.5 mm pads and small copper shim are needed, sorry. With 1mm pads you could crack die. You could see that yourself matching card to heatsink with 1mm pads and see angle.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  10. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This tool
    [​IMG]