The Official MSI GT76 Titan Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by joskei, Jun 19, 2019.

1. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    such a shame, 4 big fans, large CPU heatsink the way i like it, individual heatsink too. then BAM soldered GPU way to ruin it MSI.

DreDre and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah, 1 step forward and two backwards. But still better than what Alienware did with the newly released m17 R2 (welded on ram + WiFi card).

4 Big fans? I have only seen 2 bigger on the rear side + the 2 small in front. Btw... Have you see the Cpu temps?

ole!!! and Arrrrbol like this.
  3. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My model (GT76 Titan DT 9SG) only has 2.5Gb Killer ethernet.

I did realize that this wasn't the best time to be buying into a machine like this, but I needed a powerful system to replace my desktop within a relatively short time span since I will be more on the go for the time being. I could not wait for the next-gen Intel or Nvidia to come out, which, as you noted, would take a minimum of 4-5 months to be released. The 2080 and 9900k are still top performers and I'm happy with them. This system should easily last 4-5 years before I decide upgrading again.

craum, Semmy, dorj1234 and 1 other person like this.
  4. joskei

joskei Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm in the same boat as you are @HyperStryker . I needed something powerful, that was going to last me a while, and I needed it now (my desktop died on me, and I'm becoming more mobile anyways). I think it was you that asked about the Adata XPS Pro, I'm getting 2851.4 on Seq reads, and 2563.5 on Seq writes (PCIE 1 slot). It's good enough for me that I ordered another instead of the evo plus (cost savings). I just got mine today, so I'm in process of checking everything out, getting drivers in place and loading up games. I'll have some more benchmarks for people that are interested.

As to the folks that are like "X will be better", there will ALWAYS be something better just around the corner. It's tech, that has always been the case. So far, I'm very happy with what I was able to purchase and while I know there will be something better and this has its warts, it should hopefully serve me well. Good luck with whatever it is that you purchase. :D

craum and HyperStryker like this.
  5. msj484

msj484 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for all the helpful info everyone. I'm considering purchasing one of these tonight, but a few quick questions I haven't seen answered here or elsewhere online from users that OWN this laptop currently:

1) Which laptop bag or carrying case are you using for your GT76?

2) If you had to estimate, how much battery life/time do you get when not plugged in and NOT doing any sort of heavy gaming?

3) Is there anything you wish you know about this laptop prior to making the purchase?

4) What question did I not ask that I should be?

Thanks again!

6. joskei

joskei Newbie

Reputations:
    eBags TLS Mother Lode Weekender

Unknown at this time. I'll find out at some point this week though because it's info I will need for when I'm traveling. If I had to guess, I would say 3-4 hours web browsing/coding in notepad++.

I really wished I would have had decent benchmarks numbers to see, both synthetic and real-world for stuff I use.

Personally, my biggest question I kept asking was "Is this worth the price and will this be a good fit for what I want to do with it". I have a better handle on that question now, but I still have a lot of testing to do before I finally relax with my purchase.

As a side note, there are a lot of smarter people than me in this subject, maybe they can chime in. :D

HyperStryker likes this.
  7. msj484

msj484 Newbie

Reputations:
    This was super helpful. Thank you!

8. Frr

Frr Newbie

Reputations:
    The 10 core isnt coming to laptops not anytime soon this thing cant even keep 14nm 8 core cool
    A 10 core 14nm would be even worse!
    When the 10nm releases then itll be better for cooling more cores

9. dorj1234

dorj1234 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Agree that we are a long way from 10nm (not to be confused with 10 cores) laptops. Moreover, Intel announced that the 1st generation of their 10nm will be 4-cores only, and great for thin/light laptops, not for gaming just yet. 4 cores only at first means later during the year you'll see the cores evolving. It's a long long time (my guesstimate - 2021) before 8+ 10nm cores are available for laptops.

I saw lots of sources re. Intel's roadmap. Here's one example:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/257283/intel-comet-lake-not-before-2020-ice-lake-s-not-before-q3-2020-roadmap-suggestshttps://www.techpowerup.com/257283/...ce-lake-s-not-before-q3-2020-roadmap-suggests

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So since this has soldered graphics, can the WT75, which can accept a 9900K, use a MXM 2080 card? Or only quadro Pascal models?

ole!!! likes this.