The Official MSI GT76 Titan Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by joskei, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Would help if you used celsius, not fahrenheit. No one measures computer temps in F anywhere.

dorj1234 likes this.
  2. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok, I changed the screenshot in the last post. I'm in the U.S. so I'm habitually used to using Fahrenheit for temperature units.

3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah I am also, but everything dealing with computers is dealt with in Celsius now. Fahrenheit, at most, is mentioned as an afterthought if you're lucky. Even Intel, an American company, publishes all of their spec documents for TJMax/Tcase/Tjunction in celsius, as well as many other companies. It's just best to just do things standardized (Celsius and metrics).

ryzeki likes this.
  4. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I meant this, but thanks

[​IMG]

5. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh I see, no problem. I provided mine like that because you can see the history of of clocks, temperatures, etc. which would allow one to better discern the stability and effectiveness of the cooling system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fire Tiger and Semmy like this.
  6. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why in the love of $DEITY is your CPU at 95ºC playing LoL?..

Falkentyne and HyperStryker like this.
  7. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is not my processor. Photos just for example :)

8. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Would you mind showing us temps @5ghz on the cpu in cinebench r15, xtu benchmark, aida64 full stress test and the most intense game you own? Looking to get a solid idea how the laptop thermals are during heavy loads. Did you get this laptop pasted with liquid metal?
    Also curious on the tolerance level of the IMC, What speed ram are you running?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Semmy likes this.
  9. dorj1234

dorj1234 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello, and a quick question about cabling. What Thunderbolt 3 cable is best to use with my external monitor? the monitor supports 165Hz and I assume displayport is the best way to use this refresh rate with GT76. Correct?

Can someone link cables that will be good for Thunberbolt3 --> displayport? I see lots of confusing descriptions like "usb-c, thundebolt 3 compatible" but that doesn't tell me it can go beyond 60Hz refresh rate.

Thanks in advance!
    JD

10. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thunderbolt 3 will provide you with plenty of through-put as well as powering your monitor, it offers the most throughput on the consumer market right now. Display port will also work fine. In regards to good quality cables, you'll have to do the research on that, I only use the official thunderbolt3 cable that came with my external monitor + a cheap extender thunderbolt 3 extender cable. I'm not sure which cables are the best.

If you aren't using the monitor with a laptop, just go display port as powering the monitor through your motherboard viaTB3 puts extra unnecessary wear on the motherboard over a long period of time.