The Official MSI GT76 Titan Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by joskei, Jun 19, 2019.

1. REAN1MAT0R

REAN1MAT0R Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yes problem is not in cpu
    it looks like driver recognizes 2080 videocard and installed without problems
    but something (wrong videocard bios) does not allows videocard to run with driver and even detect its own memory

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Remove Intel driver, and Nvidia driver and reload them?

3. REAN1MAT0R

REAN1MAT0R Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It was the first i tried
    clean uninstall and reinstall drivers
    after that i decided to make clean windows install

as you can see in gpu-z it does not recognizes videocard bios version
    i think the problem is on that side

4. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hey guys....
    My gt76 power light its always ember. isnt it supposed to go white when im on my desktop or unplugged and in power saving mode?

Is there a setting for this? I think ember means 2080 gpu is in use and white means intel gpu is in use correct?

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That does look like a GPU problem, first it's not white light, and second dGPU isn't active.
    Also, because you have that code error in the device manager. :(

Check device manager, make sure none of your display adapters have errors. Also, make sure you have Intel graphics drivers installed correctly as well as Nvidia driver.

6. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

checked all that... it all seems normal. but led remains amber only

7. Juang1985

Juang1985 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    by the way MSI released a bios a few weeks ago.. no release notes.

do you guys know what this bios fixed or changed? bios verion is E17H1IMS.10C

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  8. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Check your Nvidia Control Panel by right-clicking on your desktop. In it, see if your preferred graphics processor is set to only Nvidia. If it is, then set it back to auto-select. If that does not solve the issue, then try and go into the top menu labeled "Desktop" and enable "Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area." Then, in your taskbar/status icon area, you will find a small green or gray square. If it is green, then something is utilizing the Nvidia GPU; it will be gray otherwise. If you click on the icon, then it will open up and show you any applications that are using it. To check to see if either of these work, make sure you are not in the control panel. Note that if you have an external monitor plugged into a display port, then it will keep the Nvidia GPU active as it is directly wired there.

Usually MSI posts release notes within the downloads themselves (IIRC in a txt file). They probably added some security/stability fixes and possibly tweaked some features (i.e. RAID support).

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  9. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Forgot to tell ya of an update regarding my laptop! Today, Juan told me that MSI told him that my issues (along with another customer's, whom I talked with on Reddit) were supposedly due to a bad batch of the Y-splitters or combo boxes. Additionally, the issue was sporadic so that is why it took them so long. So, it seems you and your father's conclusion was right!

MSI is shipping them the laptop this week, so I can hope to get it by the end of this week, or next week. The sooner the better, as I cannot wait to get back to playing games on it!

10. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I remember reading the notes and thinking it was inconsequential. I've stayed on whichever BIOS came with the laptop. If nothing's broken, definitely don't try to fix anything.