The Official MSI GT76 Titan Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by joskei, Jun 19, 2019.

1. joskei

joskei Newbie

Reputations:
    I was originally looking to purchase a Clevo laptop (p870), but after talking with Donald at HIDEvolution, he has me really interested in the upcoming GT76.

I thought I would reach out to MSI owners and see what their feelings are on this laptop as well as the reliability/performance of their MSI laptops. My experience with MSI has always been desktop component related, and the reliability/performance has been really hit or miss.

Any input would be appreciated!

EDIT: Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Mod, please move this to owner's lounge.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
  2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I dont think there is an owners lounge since no one has it yet, it was just newly announced to the best of my knowledge.

3. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Won't see one in the wild for a while, but if any of the hype plays out at all it's probably going to be the best of the 9th gen desktop replacements.

4. joskei

joskei Newbie

Reputations:
    So I initially chose a Clevo and Donald at HIDEvolution ending up selling me on this one (which was actually cheaper than my specced out Clevo). The process has been fantastic so far, so if anyone is like me and lurking from the interwebs looking for a high-end mobile computer, HIDEvolution has thus far been pretty awesome. I'm a software guy, so I only research hardware when I'm looking to purchase a new computer and Donald was very patient with a lot of my (surely) stupid questions.

Pretty hyped for the machine, as this will be the highest end machine I've ever owned!

Specs:

LCD Panel

17.3" FHD (1920X1080), 144Hz 3ms IPS-Level, 100% sRGB, 72% NTSC, 100% sRGB, Anti-Glare

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 w/ 8GB GDDR6

Processor

HIDevolution Delidded Intel 9th Gen Core i9-9900K 8 Core, 16 Thread, 16MB Cache, Processor, 3.6 - 5.0 GHz - installed by HIDevolution

Thermal Interface Materials

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut between Intel CPU Die and IHS + GPU, Gelid GC Extreme between IHS + Heat Sink, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces - installed by HIDevolution (ONLY SELECT THIS OPTION IF DELIDDED CPU IS CHOSEN)

Memory

HIDevolution Approved Standard 128GB Dual Channel DDR4/2666MHz (4 x 32GB)

M.2 PCIe RAID Options

no RAID

M.2 SSD Slot 1 - Supports PCIe Only

Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7S1T0B/AM) (outside purchase)

M.2 SSD Slot 2 - Supports PCIe / SATA

ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive R/W 3500/3000MB/s SSD (ASX8200PNP-1TT-C) (outside purchase)

M.2 SSD Slot 3 - Supports PCIe / SATA

None

2.5" HDD/SSD Bay

Crucial MX500 2.5" SSD 2TB (outside purchase)

Wireless Cards

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2x2 w/ Bluetooth 5.0

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 10 Pro, 64bit, English

Power Adapter

2x 230W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)

Internal Battery

Internal 8 cell (90Wh) battery

Audio

2W *2 + Subwoofer 3W *1

Keyboard

Steelseries Per-Key RGB Keyboard

TheDantee, dzpliu and win32asmguy like this.
  5. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Congrats, amazing beast!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

joskei likes this.
  6. joskei

joskei Newbie

Reputations:
    I hope it lives up to the hype! :D

7. Kriegprojekt

Kriegprojekt Newbie

Reputations:
    How long for delivery and price?

8. joskei

joskei Newbie

Reputations:
    As early as July 10th. As configured, it is running me ~$5k between HIDEvolution, Amazon, and Newegg.

9. Kaibaman

Kaibaman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey man I'm thinking of getting this as well for my first high end laptop (my other possible choice is Acer predatory helios 700, but both seem the best when it comes to laptop power and thermals)
    Just wondering why did you get Samsung for the 1st SSD slot and ADATA for the 2nd slot?

Looking forward to your impressions on this beast!

10. joskei

joskei Newbie

Reputations:
    The reviews I've read place the Adata as slower than the Samsung. However, I'm going to get the Adata first and run some benchmarks against that drive and see what speeds I get in the laptop. If it performs pretty close, I'm going to save a $100 and just get another Adata. That Acer looks pretty slick, but if this MSI lives up to even half of the hype, I think I'm going to be pretty happy with it. I just hope I don't get screwed like I usually do with pre-orders. :mad:

When I finally get the laptop, I'm going to benchmark the stock speeds, check out the overclock and benchmark that. I'll post the results here when I have them, so I can be your guinea pig if you don't mind waiting.