*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Tested the ssd in another machine?

2. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Since I am traveling 3 weeks a month I wont be able to do that for a few more weeks.

Papusan likes this.
  3. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I went ahead and purchased a
    Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD to replace the 256GB Kingston, its time to retire it anyways.

I don't need nVMe as all that's gonna be on it is games.

4. redgoblin83

redgoblin83 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I just received my bersion with the 1080 GTX for a nice discount.
    First thing a noticed is that the there is a fan noise at idle, looking at the dragon centrer fans run at 1200-1300 rpm. Is there an update on the system that could lower that noise (options in the dragon center did not change a thing)?

5. BlakLanner

BlakLanner Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You can tune fan speeds using MSI Silent Option (link is somewhere recent in this thread. Just be advised that this is not a silent laptop. Fast parts run hot and require cooling.

6. redgoblin83

Reputations:
    I understand this. But I'm expecting better at idle and surfing the web.

7. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Perhaps you can get it into 0 rpm - but on my GT70 then it suddenly pops from 0 to 2000+ rpm and back when surfing - very irritating. So I stick to 1350 (lowest possible). But have a try.

8. redgoblin83

Reputations:
    I'll see if that noise I have is not from the non ssd harddrive by simply disconnecting it.

Edit:
    Result = Was the trouble, but seems to have come down. I'm keeping it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Hi guys, it's that time again. Time for a new laptop upgrade. This time it's my 2nd MSI upgrade from my original GT80 SLI-263 I had oh so long ago.

2 years ago the first upgrade was to the GT73 Pro-866, and it's been a reliable and wonderful laptop, and when I first got both of those I posted my undervolting, OC'ing, and some benchmark results - and hopefully I'll do the same this time.

I'll be catching up here to get the best performance tuning tips - without re-pasting or any physical hacks - and looking for the general state of what's best to do with a new GT75 Titan-013 and set up the newest (1903) Windows 10 (yipe!).

I won't spend too much time on this as I expect everything about the GT75 has been discovered and figured out already. I'll be reading up here and trying things out. I don't talk much about my own hardware, but for the first set up and tuning it'll be fun to do and share.

It should arrive soon, so if any of you have any pointers, or lists of todo's, or suggestions to get it set up right quickly the first time please let me know.

And yes, of course I asked MSI if the 2nd upgrade can be stretched out to the time MSI releases the AMD CPU / GPU gaming laptop, but the answer was no. Either get this now, wait 2-3 months for the GT76 (maybe!) or other GT75's available then, or that's it. So, this is it. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    sniffin and Papusan like this.
  10. JeanLegi

JeanLegi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wait... You don't take the GT76?

hmscott likes this.