*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Elphie

Elphie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Any idea where to get this or atleast which site to watch for? , i know eurocom supplied gt73 upgrades and in their websites its just GTX series as of the moment tried to ask one of the rep but did not understand me instead send me to the same link im asking about.

Im not in a hurry or really is a must to have just wondering if i will have to sell my GT75 now aslong as it still has a decent price on it brought mine like couole of months ago the last og GTX series for this model with core i9 on it. That said i don't know if its an option or possible to upgrade the GPU or just sell the laptop now and buy another with 2080 on it?

2. Elphie

Reputations:
    My applogies for throwing questions after questions as mxm is relatively new to me. Anyway i got a response in eurocoms' rep that RTX will not come in MXM format if so are the new GT75 that came in this quarter with RTX 2080 is not MXM?

3. leo zefei

leo zefei Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If I dont use dragon center, what software should I use to adjust the cpu/gpu power plan and fan speed?
    I planned to use .bat file to input XTU command to change the CPU power plan, does this work for GT73?

How about the GPU plan and fan speed setting?

4. BlakLanner

BlakLanner Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  5. leo zefei

leo zefei Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thank you so much.
    Do you have any recommendation for the .bat file configuration for XTU?

6. BlakLanner

BlakLanner Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No. I found that XTU tended to make my system unstable. I don't overclock laptops so I can preserve battery and keep the heat in check.

7. AndreasVFX

AndreasVFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    The GT75 with RTX 2080 is a MXM format , just an over sized body, but same MXM dimension contact plate.

9. BlakLanner

BlakLanner Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If it is longer than the 80mm standard, it won't fit. The width won't be a problem if you use the middle slot and don't have drives on either side of it. As far as BIOS support, I do not know. Given the expense of such a drive, I don't think that I would risk it.

10. Elphie

Reputations:
    Hi team!

Something's bugging me , i'm seeing voltage and or power limit on GPU (GTX1080) I don't know how long its been going on as honestly doesn't feel any performance loss, and I just happen to play around with MSI Afterburner's monitoring optio I tick power and voltage limit to appear on screen out of curiosity. But then I'm surprise as it popped out that there is power and or voltage limit going.

Thermals are stable at 70C-ish GPU usage at 99% and happen on both overclocked or standard. I still have dragon center installed and just using afterburner for monitoring.

Im just surprised because 2 power bricks and im getting power and voltage limit. Anybody could help me clear this is appreciated. Thanks in advance!