*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK brain fart here.

Since my BIOS debacle, I for the life of me cant remember what to set/disable to keep all 6 cores running at 4.4ish all the time even at idle. The boost as intended from there.

2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Disable c-states.
    Set VR Current Limit to 800.
    There was another setting which I remember had to be disabled or the system would boot at max turbo boost clocks rather than a set overclock. It was either disabling RSR (in overclocking performance menu) or disabling HDC control (in CPU configuration?) or Energy efficient turbo or that other setting. I forgot which. While the clocks worked fine if I loaded up Throttlestop and set my multipliers directly in Throttlestop, it was loading windows at stock turbo boost clocks (checked in HWinfo64 to see it). After disabling one of those settings I mentioned, windows loaded at what I wanted (4.7 ghz).

Wild Turkey likes this.
  3. Wild Turkey

Reputations:

"Boot Performance Mode" - Max Bat/Max Non Turbo/Turbo - Looks like I want Max NON-Turbo, latter would lock it at MAX boost all the time.

Its 100% stable at the "Optimized Defaults" but that voltage was at 1.4.... So yeah I went Loadline 1/1 with 800 Current Limit already. Now it had a -.030 undervolt but cant remember where that is. These BIOS are WHACK, not used to them.

4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The default IA AC/DC setting is absurd. Because when you use manual voltages, it actually applies the AC setting on top of the manual voltage, causing the manual voltage to be boosted MUCH higher than you would expect.

You can see this easily yourself by doing a silly test:
    Set IA AC loadline back to 0 (Default)
    Then set IA DC loadline to 1.

Then boot into windows and watch the CPU VID at full idle.
    Then run some (any) stress test and watch the VID skyrocket at full load.
    Yeah. That's what's happening.
    And if the laptop turns off on you and then back on its because the load/vcore triggered OCP.

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    And MSI design and producing own branded desktop MB and firmware:D

Falkentyne likes this.
  6. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Energy Efficient Turbo is what causes throttling but now it's disabled by default. The only other thing I do is set VR Current Limit to 800 (ie. 200A) and that's it

7. Wild Turkey

Reputations:
    On another note, the buttons on the right under the pwr. One of them asked me if I wanted to set a program to it, now how do I change it?

8. raad11

raad11 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, if I wanted to run 4.3 GHz on all cores for boost rather than 4.3x1, 4.2x2, 4.2x3, 4.1x4, 4.1x5, 4.0x6, what other settings do I need to change in Intel XTU or the BIOS?

9. raad11

raad11 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Btw, what are your thoughts on the Realtek audio and Nahimic app. Do you like it? Or would a USB Sound Blaster thing like Omni Surround be better? Or stock Windows with spatial thingy (Sonic?)?

I use headphones and wanted to use 5.1 or 7.1 surround on them via one of these methods.

Also, can the laptop do okay with a high resistance headphone pair... I have a 250 ohm pair (DT770)

10. JeanLegi

JeanLegi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nahimic and realtek doing their work and the sound is really good. I use mmx300 with 600 Ohm and the sound is great or even more fantastic.

hmscott likes this.