*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's the same model that I have, the almighty -094. It comes with 2 Delta ADP-230EB T 230W adapters

20181221_045200.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Falkentyne likes this.
  2. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, except mine was just under 4 grand, including the Everki Lunar, rush order and 2 day shipping!

Spartan likes this.
  3. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Its that i need know :D, when Pomona 5250 arrive, i will just try a “read” on skypro and then make a backup of original Bios. Because if i flash a Bios from msi website, will clean some infos(windos key for example) right?

4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yes exactly.
    backing up your original bios will preserve all information.
    And when you flash the "MSI" bios on their website with their MS DOS or UEFI flash thing, they only flash certain modules. The DMI (?)or is it SMBUS data is not changed. I don't know which. I'm not a bios expert.

If you force flash the MSI bios, it usually erases everything on the chip, so the laptop will still work but some tools won't (Dragon Center will lose some functions).
    So its always best to make a direct hardware backup.

Pedro69 likes this.
  5. ECHO26

ECHO26 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Having a boot loop issue where my screen won't turn on and it keeps powering on and off after a few seconds. What is causing this?
    Before this happened, I was playing CoD Black Ops 4 and saw temperature spikes upto 84C (which has never happened) but it went back to mid 50s-lower 60s with the coolerboost option.. this happened twice and then after the second time the laptop went off and started looping.

6. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Can you take a video?
    how fast is the power on/off cycle? How long does the power on cycle last before it turns off?
    how long does the power off cycle last? (this is actually important, as this explains if the VRM's are tripping or not).

do you see the MSI logo at all when this happens?

Papusan likes this.
  7. ECHO26

ECHO26 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    1 loop lasts for about 5-6 seconds and I haven’t checked how many loops there are as I just leave it be .

There is no logo.. the screen does not respond.

I spoke to Zoltan over at HIDevolution and will be trying out a few things -

• connect to an external display
    • reset the hardware components
    (Extreme measure which I don’t want to do myself is the CMOS reset and I hope it doesn’t come to that)

8. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    CMOS reset is not an extreme measure.
    All you do is hold down the power button for 60 seconds. You do not need to open the laptop.
    I suggest you try that, and report back
    (Note: you will have to wait 2-3 minutes before anything starts happening besides a "power LED cycle" which happens at about 60 seconds later, which is the RAM being "retrained").

Pedro69 and Papusan like this.
  9. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey @Ultra Male Looks like my laptop will be here tomorrow morning, man HIDevolution is fast! What steps do I need to take for updating, IE MSI stuff first then run Windows update?

Spartan likes this.
  10. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Once you get it, when you first turn it on and get the initial Windows 10 Setup Wizard, it will prompt you to connect to a Wireless Network, click on SKIP otherwise you will be forced to login with a Microsoft account which I strongly advice against.

Also, when it prompts you to enter a password, leave the blank for now as during our tweaking session, we will need to reboot a lot and that will just slow us down.

First thing I want you to do to save us time is to right click on your start menu button, then choose SYSTEM, from there, hit Rename This PC and choose a name for your computer. (ie. I name mine TITAN). The name should be in capital letter. Some of the tweaks are tied to the PC name and thus, you want to name it properly from the get go rather than keeping the default random name which Windows assigns it (DESKTOP-999-BLABLABLA)

Next, go to PC Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and perform all the Windows updates. After rebooting, check for updates again just to make sure there aren’t any more updates

don't forget these are the latest drivers: MSI GT75 TITAN Drivers (8th gen)

Then download and install TeamViewer then run it, it will give you an ID/Password which you could pass on to me via a PM so I can connect to you.

You won't be able to PM me unless I PM you first so what you want to do is, when you get it, just tag me by using the @ sign then type my username right after it with no spaces and I will PM you then

raad11 and Wild Turkey like this.