*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No, always unplug power and ac adapter and battery. (CMOS battery is fine). It's not the power itself, it's that any standby power going through anything is going to destroy something if your screwdriver or Pomona clip or anything conductive bridges something

2. ECHO26

ECHO26 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey @Ultra Male I got my MSI GT75 from HIDEVOLUTION! Need to talk about the tweaks!

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    PM sent

4. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne

I can use both positions with a dip8 chip? Or i need use the "2" position? Also de diagram of the chip is the correct on the programmer?
    For what propuse is the "1"?

[​IMG]

5. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    I don't know what you use for desoldered chips. For the normal Pomona 5250 clip you use the top pins with pin 1 being top left. I'm not an engineer, so I can't help with advanced hardware stuff.

Pedro69 likes this.
  6. ECHO26

ECHO26 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it possible to unlock the bios for the i7 8850h and change the TDP criteria?
    I don’t know how to so I was thinking of asking Svet from MSi.. seems like he’s the go to guy for that.

7. Pedro69

Reputations:
    Yes, i will use Ponoma clip to do the job but i need know how to pin the jumper wires from 5250 clip to the skypro...its like you mentioned? First(dot in dip 8) pin from Ponoma is the top left in programmer like the diagram?

8. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    There are other diagrams showing this. Pin 1 is in top left. Pin 8 is in top right. If you want any more wiring help you really need to consult google. There is no "pin 1" on the Pomona. You make pin 1 yourself by lining the wires up in the same way.

Pedro69 likes this.
  9. Pedro69

Reputations:
    Ok, many thanks...i will respect the dip 8 symbol in skypro.

10. VBEnrico

VBEnrico Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there,

I'm really desperate....4 months ago I bought a GT75 Titan 8RF. The only problems: temps are really high when CPU is 100%. I'm talking about a range between 97-100°

I've contacted MSI, they said this is not normal and that the best thing would be to get it back to warranty.

But I see a lot of forum posts, reviews, they are talking about the same problem: higth temp between 90-100°

I don't know what to do if send the laptop back to MSI, I don't know if they will solve the problem in the end .

CPU is i9 8950HK