*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Maybe try an older Nvidia driver? These new drivers have been hopelessly bugged for ages.
    I checked the MSI site and all of these laptops are supposed to have G-sync.

2. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Riiight you just reminded me I've seen a few variants of the GT75 that had issues with GSYNC out of the box but a simple BIOS update fixed it. They were the 054 or 05X variants basically not the 094 or 093 variant (I have the 094)

Try this and if it works, send me a virtual cookie:

New BIOS E17A3IMS.110 for MSI GT75 Titan (8th Gen)

Make sure you follow this guide before you unzip the compressed file or any file you download from the internet for that matter:

"Are you sure you want to run this file?" [Yes or No]

3. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I am on the latest nVIDIA Driver from MSI which is: nVIDIA Graphics Driver 399.21

nVIDIA Graphics app to get the NVCPL back in the MSI Drivers: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/ap_399.21_P27160_WIN32UX_3.14.1.48_0xfe5fedc9.zip

Weird thing, when I am installing the nVIDIA Driver from nVIDIA, it takes ages to check for compatibility in the beginning then installs. the MSI variant finishes the compatibility check almost instantly and installs in like 1/3 of the time the nVIDIA one takes

raad11 likes this.
  4. raad11

raad11 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why do you use the nvidia driver from msi and not the latest nvidia driver from their own site?

5. BlakLanner

BlakLanner Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well I wouldn't use the latest one as it has some serious bugs but I have had good luck with 416.94

6. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bad moment....my GT75 8RG dont boot up and even msi logo dont appear.

I was testing a xmp profile and last one put my laptop in a dead state....

Tried the 60 seconds without battery and still the same...the msi logo never show up in the screen(infinite loops).

Should RMA? Cmos battery is impossible to remove since is in the other side of motherboard :/

Also pressed the Cmos button for some seconds and nothing happens...i removed hdd, ssd, ram and still not boot with msi logo.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You have to remove CMOS battery to clear the setting, otherwise you have to send it in.

Pedro69 likes this.
  8. Pedro69

Reputations:
    But there is no other methods that do the same as remove the Cmos battery? Like 60 seconds press power button or Cmos reset button?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  9. Pedro69

Reputations:
    Its really needed remove the Cmos battery and perhaps the other Ram stick behind the motherboard?

I removed AC power and pressed the power button for 60 seconds, then again without AC power i tried switch on the laptop and the red light is off and laptop stay without energy.

Then i put again power supply and the laptop boot at same stage without msi logo.

10. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    That's what I do to reset the BIOS when it can't boot. Turn the laptop off then hold the power button for 60 seconds. Ignore it if it keeps turning on/off just keep holding it for 60 seconds that should reset your BIOS.

hmscott and Pedro69 like this.