*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jun 23, 2017.

1. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yep, but I have gone from a different approach, I did it by largely increase the tREFI because I have met the barrier on other timings :(

The errors brought by tREFI is only a sign of freezing while using, so it's going to need time to verify.

Unlike the sign of errors brought by tRFC, which is no boot or BSOD, or return error.

By the way, I finally had 1 error at tRFC = 664 while running TestMem5, so I increased it to 674.

I am going to give it about 2 weeks to see if this is the optimal timings for my machine at 3467MHz. :)

3467-1.3V-20-20-49-20-26-52782-674-9-18 Run Stable.jpg

2. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Now you need to run testmem86 and then some gaming.

Vistar Shook and hackness like this.
  3. hackness

Reputations:
    Yep! I've just hunted a few Nergigante with my favorite bow set in Monster Hunter World, no problem so far, Memtest86 scheduled for tonight :D

Thanks for all the help, rep and likes! @Johnksss @Papusan @Falkentyne @raz8020 @hmscott

Edit:

I'm currently working aboard and I've just found that I left my bootable USB stick at home.
    I'll just test it with everyday usage until I get back home around mid Oct for the Memtest86. :oops:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  4. prodj

prodj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody knows what is happening here?
    Sometimes when I leave my laptop ON, when I'm sleeping or something - I'm waking up to this picture on my external monitor:
    20180824_144733.jpg
    That's MSI logo on my desktop which is repeated 16 times.
    When I open laptop - its display is not turning on at all (normally it does).
    Only power button helps. It goes to sleep and wakes up normally with both displays working properly.
    (external display is 4k via DisplayPort, internal is 1080p 120hz).

5. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had that happen too even without external screen plugged in. I was scared for a second it was the gpu dying... but in my case I simply had to turn off the display timeout feature in advanced power settings in windows. Then I could leave it alone at all times (bad thing: not good for your screen to be always on so I ended up only using the external screen which has its own timeout setting). Anyway you can try out whether this issue applies to you as well by setting the timeout for 1 minute and then seeing how it behaves when the screen is supposed to go to sleep repeatedly. That's how I determined that was the issue. Otherwise I would start updating/reinstalling drivers (especially graphics drivers - or rolling back if it only occurred after updating recently).

6. prodj

prodj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It seems to happen when display is turning off, but most of the times it's ok, but sometimes it goes like this (maybe 1 out of 10).
    It happens on all drivers that I tried. And only via display port. HDMI has another glitch.

Did you have that on DP or HDMI?

7. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mmm for me it also happened with no external screen attached, then I had mini screens which looked like artefacts on the internal screen. Or it failed to turn on. But it actually only happened on 390.xx drivers mostly. 391.xx drivers gave me BSOD's when the display timed out sometimes and 398.xx drivers (I believe) gave me some black screens on boot. I just entirely gave up on the feature where the display times out. Also, manually turning off my internal screen with the fn function resulted in the same issues sometimes. Sorry I don't have a solution for you. Do you use DDU when installing new drivers? Does this also happen on 391.xx drivers (as I didn't have this on that driver, only occassional BSOD).

8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
    Almost any store you walk into should have a usb flash drive. (Key word "almost") :D

hackness likes this.
  9. hackness

Reputations:
    Well I wish the transportation here was easier, I'll see what I can do this weekend :D

It's been up since Tuesday morning.

With the laptop half of the time on battery for office work and browsing, and half of the time on plugged-in for some gaming and multimedia stuff when I get back to my room.

So far no freezing nor BSOD.

The last time I pressed reset button in HWINFO64 was 58 hours ago :D

Up for 4 days.jpg

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Deleted *edit* doesn't work.
    The Nvidia GPU has to be physically *removed* for the iGPU to work.
    The Embedded Controller register F1 (or the option MSI GPU Mode) on the GT73VR and GT75VR actually electrically disconnects the PEG port, so when you boot with the iGPU, the PEG port reports that nothing is installed, or status is "Not installed" even if the Nvidia GPU is installed.

Disabling the PEG port in the Bios still keeps the hardware trying to *output* to the disabled PEG port (e.g. the Nvidia card is still actually detected).

I don't know if switching electrical outputs to the iGPU as the rendering device is possible without physically removing the dGPU.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018