*** The Official MSI GT75 Owners and Discussions Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jun 23, 2017.

1. prodj

prodj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, a month ago I put IC graphite pad on my CPU, and now, running prime95, I'm getting exactly same temps as back then (every core has same temperature).
    I know maybe I'll have better temps with thermal paste, and less core difference with 0.5 arctic pads, but I'm ok with current temps and I know they will never get worse.
    So, considering that repasting CPU requires dismantling of all 3 heatsinks - I will stick with IC graphite pad.=)

(with loadlines=0 it's 6°C cooler, with hottest core averaging at 72°C.)

hmscott likes this.
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There's *nothing* wrong with IC graphite pads if you are not overclocking.

For stock performance the pads will function better than the stock MSI thermal "Lairdtech" crap and will handle the convex heatsinks quite well and will not degrade. For the GPU, you will ABSOLUTELY NEED to use insulation (3 coats of nail polish around the SMD's will work; you don't absolutely need super 33+ tape instead of nail polish, as you aren't trying to help make an airtight seal, but it won't hurt to use Super 33+ tape).

The only problem with the IC stutff is if you want to overclock. The pads get saturated after a certain amount of heat output and falls off hard. They are significantly worse than Kryonaut. Just better than stock paste. Just be careful when applying them, make sure you have some sort of insulation and make sure the cutout is slightly larger than the BGA surface itself. You don't want hot spots because the pads slightly shifted when applying the heatsink.

aaronne likes this.
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    MSI Sponsored FREE tickets to ESL ONE NEW YORK 2018 for both Saturday and Sunday...September 29 & 30.

Anyone interested...Please feel free to email me at Donald@HIDevolution.com or email me your phone number and I can call you between 4:00 PM and 1:00 AM GMT (9 AM and 6 PM PDT) - Monday through Friday.

I have 5 sets...first come, first serve.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    JeanLegi likes this.
  4. JeanLegi

JeanLegi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  5. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    No, but if you pay for my tickets to Germany...I will bring the tickets to you! :twitchy:

6. JeanLegi

Reputations:
    hmmm, no sorry i need the money for the new rtx 2080 notebook version or maybe an new taptop :D

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. JeanLegi

Reputations:
    :bigrolleyes: help desk information and device manager information about my bios :vbbiggrin:
    which bios is it.PNG

Pedro69 likes this.
  8. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Looking at these RTX benches, MSI absolutely has to give the next generation of this laptop a 1440p 120Hz or 144Hz option.

I'm not interested in 4K yet, and the 2080 would be massive overkill and wasted at 1080p/120Hz.

9. Allicrombie

Allicrombie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finally picked up a GT75 Titan 8RG-055. Does @Phoenix still do his magic for new laptops??

10. JeanLegi

Reputations:
    Phoenix is no longer existent.. the Person yes but Not the nickname.

Did you bought it from hidevolution?
    If yes use @Ultra Male for further help.