The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Probably OS-related issue.

2. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, compatibility mode gave Spectre vulnerable, Meltdown OK.

3. leo zefei

leo zefei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What are the DAC and PA of GT73VR?
    I can only find the codec is ALC-898/899.

I am considering purchasing an AKG K701 OR K712, is GT73's audio system good enough to drive them?

4. imprezd

imprezd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey guys, I am going to upgrade RAM on my Titan Pro-003, but I can't figure out what memory is faster and will work for it. As I understand, there's no point putting 3000mhz memory in it, as there only 2400mhz option in BIOS. What about latency? Do I just have to find 2400mhz memory with lowest latency or it doesn't work this way. I've read that someone put too low latency RAM in his laptop and it didn't work. Need your advise on this. The short question is - what RAM will work the fastest in my laptop. Thanks

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The Bios has code for 4133 mhz memory in it and RAM multipliers higher than 9. Now whether it actually WORKS is another story. Officially, the highest RAM that HIDevolution got to work was 2666 mhz memory.

It's unclear whether 3200 mhz or higher memory would train, if for example, you set the maximum RAM speed (in the unlocked bios) to 3200 mhz and set the RAM multiplier to 12 and installed 3200 mhz memory. Maybe it would just fail to POST. No one has tried, afaik.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    The only compatible RAM for the GT73VR Titan Pro is 2400 MHz and 2666 MHz with the latter having a higher latency so I chose the slightly slower RAM 2400 MHz but with lower CAS Latency

7. GENOCID

GENOCID Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    anybody on 7RE have a same issue im not sure if its due not updated win but when i try run me fw update tool im getting error that system needs reboot after update but its happening constantly i run update bat hmm strange, also on msi website bios for 7re date is different on 31B than advertised . slso does that win update affects performance im clean install

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    1) restore your BIOS back to defaults then set the mode to either AHCI or RAID whatever it was before and touch no other setting

2) when you run the batch file to update the ME firmware, just double click on it, don't right click and choose run as admin

Note: Everytime you download a file, right click on it, go to properties, then from the bottom right, if it says the file is blocked because it came from the internet, click the unblock tickbox and hit apply. Do this for every file you download otherwise the ZIP file and all the files within that zip will be extracted with a BLOCKED status and you may run into some serious issues.

9. GENOCID

GENOCID Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

thx man but nothing, same thing.

Error 8703: PLEASE REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM. Firmware update cannot be initiated without a reboot.

only one think i did not do is updated windows so i guess that might be an issue but not sure, also why is fast boot always disabling itselft if im on defaults, or its not neccessary at all to have it enabled? thanks

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    Fast Boot cannot be enabled if you have an overclockable CPU like the HK series since the BIOS needs to re-initialize the overclocking parameters at startup

If I disable the overclocking feature in my BIOS completely, then Fast Boot sticks to enabled but the moment I enable overclocking feature, even if I don't overclock, Fast Boot gets disabled. I've tried them both and trust me, there is almost no difference. The problem is the MSI BIOS sucks really, like it takes 16 seconds from the moment I see the MSI logo until the Windows loading icon actually starts spinning.

Heck, my wife's 4 year old Dell Vostro with a Crucial MX100 SSD boots in 8 seconds from the moment you press the power button and I'd still be starting at the MSI logo :rolleyes:

I actually contacted my contacts at MSI today to ask them if they can do something to the BIOS to improve the boot time it's horrible for such a highly specced laptop.

As for your issue, uninstall the Intel Management Engine Interface from Programs and features, then install this one:

Intel Management Engine Driver v11.7.0.1054

then reboot again and try the ME Firmware update

Make sure you disable your Antivirus also

PS: are you sure you unblocked the ZIP file before extracting it like I mentioned above?