The Official MSI GT73VR Owners and Discussions Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I plan on using a 4k external monitor on gt73vr. can play games with laptop screens and monitor monitors at once or multi monitor different resolutions?

2. Donald@zTecpc

Donald@zTecpc Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can set each screen / monitor to different resolutions.

Spartan@HIDevolution and Djadit like this.
  3. bodosko

bodosko Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a problem with the keyboard and touchpad lights on my GT73VR after I upgraded to latest Steelseries Engine provided by MSI (3.11.2).
    The keyboard and touchpad are working, but they are not detected in SteelSeries Engine and thus its lights are all off.
    I don't have the older version I was using before the upgrade, so I'm stuck here and need help.
    Do you guys have this problem?

Capturar.PNG

Edit: If I activate MSI Dragon Center LED controlling there, the lights are turned on and can be controlled, but just there, not in SteelSeries Engine.
    Now if I turn MSI Dragon Center LED controlling back to off and restart SteelSeries Engine, it works. But I would have to do this steps every time I restart my laptop :/

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Xerion likes this.
  4. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you can download the previous version from following link

http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/SteelSeriesEngine3.10.6Setup_3.10.6_0x87abab2c.zip

and no I had no such problem but my steelseries version is 3.11.8 and steelseries software auto update the drivers when update available, so it should show the notification to update since you are using old version 3.11.2

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. Donald@zTecpc

Reputations:
    Did you uninstall the older version before installing the new version?

Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  6. bodosko

bodosko Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes. Tried step by step two times with no success.

I'm using the latest official MSI version, since its recommended over the latest SteelSeries version.

7. Shehary

Shehary Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Only so called official support from MSI is BIOS / EC firmware, vBIOS, Dragon Center and MSI utilities, for the rest of the hardware, you can safely use latest versions from their vendor websites.

In my last message, I said steelseries Auto Update drivers to latest version, I didn't say I download those drivers from steelseries website.

Only recommendation to use the MSI version of drivers in a mentioned sequence when you fresh install the windows, even in that case it's not necessary you must have to install the MSI version of drivers, you can just follow the sequence and download latest drivers from their respective vendor websites.

Xerion likes this.
  8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Repasted my BGAbook again last night and shortened the pads on the chokes from 1mm to 0.5mm. Kept 1mm on the VRMs above it because magic smoke is good stuff.
    1775mv static override, AC DC loadline=5 (0.05 mOhms). Please don't use Auto please. Auto=bad. Auto=high temps high power draw and very very angry @Papusan !
    Also did another fine grit polish of the HS but still a silver square from previous LM applications. But wiped until copper color started to show again.

Got core temps down to 1c differentials. Not sure if it was the 0.5mm pad or the polish or both which helped but i know on every MSIbook, core 1 and 3 are ALWAYS hotter than 2 and 4...has to be a big reason for that.

@Donald@HIDevolution can you guys top the Great Falkentyne?
    (Can I haz a TM1 for christmas pweez. wait..did i just beg for a taptop? Oh no....)

latest_repaste.jpg

raz8020 likes this.
  9. Donald@zTecpc

Reputations:
    Great advice! I already passed your last post to our Production Manager. @thattechgirl_viv

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @Donald@HIDevolution please PM me with your guys' findings. I'm really curious about that too. Repasting repeatedly is just too much work.
    And I went back through the thread and even read some chinese forums, with people who changed for LM paste, and each and every one I saw had core 1 and 3 several C hotter than core 2/4 (maximum temps). I can't begin to count the number of repastes I did to try to get core 1 and 3 closer to 2 and 4, back when I was spamming Kryonaut and Phobya Nanogrease Extreme repasting in extreme OCD fetish.... :(

BTW my screenshot was at 100% cooler boost fan.